Recent content by bookread

  1. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    Update: It’s been 6 months now since my knee revision and ..... I ran down the hallway at school today. I actually ran! No pain!! Mind you, I didn’t sprint all out, but .... I ran! First time ever in about two years. I was ecstatic! Yahoo! Now, I need to gather up my courage to see if I can...
  2. B

    Revision TKR Patella Button Failure

    Thank you. I’m sure it will get better. It’s been a little less than 3 months since my knee revision. I’m sure it will improve.
  3. B

    Revision TKR Patella Button Failure

    I’m still not quite able to go down steps yet. It’s been 10 weeks since I had surgery. But I’m able to go up steps now. Just being able to bend my knee is without excruciating pain is heaven!
  4. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    No. Since I did not have any contrast, I did not have to fast or drink anything.
  5. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    I had my CT scan done without contrast.
  6. B

    Revision TKR Patella Button Failure

    I had my first knee replacement (left knee) on December 13th, 2018. It was excruciatingly painful and never stopped hurting. I knew something wasn’t right. Long story short, I switched doctors because my former doctor refused to do anything. I had my second surgery (same knee) on September 26th...
  7. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    On the CT scan, it clearly showed a gap between my patella and the plastic button. The thing I’m most upset about is the lousy job the first surgeon did. The patella button was too small, so bone was protruding over the button causing an impingement. However, that wasn’t the only problem: the...
  8. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    It’s the same incision:
  9. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    From my understanding, a lateral release is when the surgeon makes a small slit (cut) into a tissue (retinaculum) surrounding the kneecap to allow the kneecap to align properly. The surgeon had to perform this procedure because my kneecap was off by 5°. It was tilting to one side. My kneecap is...
  10. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    The pain was soooo much less because they did not have to remove the femoral or tibial implants. They only removed the kneecap, placed a larger plastic button under the kneecap, placed a bigger plastic piece on top of the metal one on my tibia, and placed a new plastic component in between the...
  11. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    Thanks for your encouragement! I don’t feel as nervous about it now.
  12. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    Is it normal not to be able to descend stairs because of pain? I feel pain right below my knee cap. It’s been six weeks since my surgery. Do you think I have developed tendonitis? I can finally walk up stairs normally, but not down.
  13. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    Guess what?!!! On a whim I bought some Lidocaine patches from Sam’s on Saturday. I cut one patch in half and applied it on both sides of my upper scar, where the pain was originating from and ..... it worked!!! I haven’t had that horrible burning pain since Saturday! Yahoo!! I’m so excited!
  14. B

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    Well, I took two Vicodin last night and it did NOTHING for the pain so I’m guessing (95% sure) that it’s nerve pain because of the burning pain. I just went to Sam’s pharmacy and bought Lidocaine patches. I have a patch on the left and right side of my incision. I’ll let you know if it helps. I...
Back
Top Bottom