Recent content by Boneyfi

  1. B

    THR November 6, 2019 surgery (just found this great site)

    Hello All, Hope you are all healthy in these difficult times. I have stopped going to physio and the gym since both are closed now. I have been walking fine but get tired and sometimes prefer the bicycle to get excercise. A few days ago I developed a bout of sciatica or similar in the old hip...
  2. B

    THR November 6, 2019 surgery (just found this great site)

    My hip is also stiff first thing in the morning and I mentioned the knee pain to my PT, he had me walk slowly on the treadmill and made sure that I was walking evenly first by pushing with the calf into the heel and on to the toe. (it sounds obvious but takes a bit of practice) Now when I walk...
  3. B

    THR November 6, 2019 surgery (just found this great site)

    This is how my PT session unfolds if anyone is interested. First I am lying on a table for 20 mins of tens therapy around the surgical site and then the PT massages the area for around 3-5 mins. Next I do hip lifts X15 twice. (bridges) leg raised and held with a strap 1 minute each leg. I'm just...
  4. B

    THR November 6, 2019 surgery (just found this great site)

    Yes sorry there was a misunderstanding, my surgery was actually Nov. 6th as I stated somewhere in the first post that I was already 3 weeks post op but no worries, so am actually almost at 8 weeks. Do you think pt once a week in January will be enough, I can do gentler excersises at home and...
  5. B

    THR November 6, 2019 surgery (just found this great site)

    Thank you for the well wishes and wishing you all a safe happy holiday. Well I'm at week 7 now and I was noticing the weekly improvements till recently. I had had the odd set back when I had been sitting in a strange chair too long or on a car ride and then experienced some pain after. At week 6...
  6. B

    THR November 6, 2019 surgery (just found this great site)

    I don't sleep well consistently that's for sure, but if I do get a long stretch it certainly goes a long way to making me feel the benefits. Last night I didn't sleep much and I think it was because I took the anti inflammatory late in the day which can inhibit sleep. I'm looking forward to when...
  7. B

    THR November 6, 2019 surgery (just found this great site)

    I'm so grateful to have found this site, I had a lot of questions early on especially about the pain meds. In the recovery room my system did not metabolize the oxicodone quickly and I felt the anaestethia wear off so by hour 5 I was feeling a bit stressed by pain and the general noise in the...
Back
Top Bottom