Recent content by Bogey26

  1. B

    Revision THR Revision

    I’m 8 weeks post op and overall, recovering going well. Swelling subsided considerably. However, there is some numbness in my lower leg and my ankle feels like there is a tight band around it. My surgeon says that it’s due to the muscle being stretched during surgery to help correct a leg...
  2. B

    Revision THR Revision

    Recovery is going well but slow. Swelling in my ankle and foot has subsided but I have a sensation in my foot of the operated side. It feels like a tight band is wrapped around my foot. Has anyone experienced this?
  3. B

    Revision THR Revision

    I’m in week four post op, so far so good but trying to be patient during the healing process. Mind says go go go, but body says no no no. Swelling has subsided. Still feeling mild pain in the glutes, in the hip area, as well as pain in the side of lower leg. I’m hoping the pain in lower leg is...
  4. B

    Revision THR Revision

    I’m 3 weeks post op and on the road to recovery. This was a re-revision, the 3rd surgery on my left hip . The complex surgery was 5-1/2 hours long and according to surgeon, my hip was pretty bad in there. I was discharged after two days and managing well at home with pain at 3-4 level at the...
  5. B

    Revision THR Revision

    Hi there….i’m back! Headed for another revision, now for the left hip. It’ll be the 3rd surgery for that side…the acetabular lining is wearing out. Original hip replacement was done in 2005, revision in 2015, now re-revision scheduled for 5/2/24. This time it’ll be with a different surgeon...
  6. B

    Revision THR Revision

    Thanks Layla! Overall I am doing good. I’m able to walk up to 7,000+ steps. I just recently returned from a trip and experiencing aching pain in my right side above my hip/lower back. I have a followup appt in a few days and hopefully it’s just muscle pain. My gait has improved and the leg...
  7. B

    Revision THR Revision

    Thanks for your response Jaycey, especially for the reminder of the heel/toe walking. I’m trying it and it does make a difference and will be sure to make a conscious effort to continue every day. As you say I’m in my early days of recovery, what would you say is the average recovery timeline...
  8. B

    Revision THR Revision

    I’m in my 5th week post op and getting stronger each day. For the most part, feeling really good except dealing with the slight leg length discrepancy, trying to walk with a normal gait. My surgeon says that my brain will help to work that out. I guess it’ll take time as there is still mild...
  9. B

    Revision THR Revision

    It was on 8/2/2022
  10. B

    Revision THR Revision

    After a year of anxiety having to face another revision surgery, I’m glad to report that it’s done. Due to my hip taking a turn for the worse with the implant migrating into the pelvic area and broken screws, it became necessary to have the surgery done. Two and a half weeks post op and all is...
  11. B

    Revision THR Revision

    Thanks for your responses. My surgeon says that he would not use bone graft (cadaver) again since my bones did not incorporate into it, but instead use a bigger ball and cup. He could not use the same procedure as my left hip revision due to the defect size. The issue for my right hip revision...
  12. B

    Revision THR Revision

    I had a right hip revision in 2017. Original hip replacement was in April 2006. It was discovered about 3 years later thru routine X-rays that the allograft failed and the implant was migrating. I am still mobile and able to walk although there is discomfort in the hip area and achy pain. My...
  13. B

    Revision THR 4th Surgery on my Right Hip Complete!

    I’m inspired by your story. I had a hip revision on my right hip five years ago, but now experiencing pain which started last year. Turns out that the bone graft failed on me, and implant has migrated. I’m able to manage the pain, and still able to walk but there is a great possibility that I...
  14. B

    Revision THR Anyone with a third hip revision?

    Update to my original post. As it turns out, my revised hip implant shifted (not wearing out) due to my body not accepting the bone graft and my bone not growing into it. However, it is now stable so all is good now. Happy to chat with you @Onestepatatime just in case I may be faced with a...
  15. B

    Revision THR Anyone with a third hip revision?

    I’m a newbie to this forum but find a lot of hope and encouragement reading posts regarding hip replacement/revision. I had both hips replaced back in 2006 for the left, and 2007 for the right at the age of 55 due to avascular necrosis. Both were successful and gave me a quality of life, being...
Back
Top Bottom