Recent content by Bluebell53

  1. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Total Left Knee Revision

    Just wanted to check in and give you all an update.. I’m 5 weeks PO, and working very hard with PT this time around on my knee revision. Extension is pretty good, measuring in around -5. Flexion is another thing. I did wall slides the other day and almost got it to 90 and that’s with really...
  2. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Total Left Knee Revision

    I just wanted to share something with you all that my surgeon had told me before surgery. Now granted this was a knee replacement revision as I’m a week out so I’m gonna listen to everything he tells me to do. He mentioned to me about acrylic nails and leaving them off for the time being. He...
  3. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Total Left Knee Revision

    Hi @InkedMarie, thank you I’m actually feeling pretty darn good. It’s really weird though I feel sore but not pain. One day at a time.
  4. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Total Left Knee Revision

    Hello all, I’m currently 6 days PO from my revision surgery. I’m doing really well, not much pain but just alot of soreness. I will start my in home PT tomorrow. I’ve already been doing the exercises that my OS has prescribed me to do. So far so good, I really believe my knee is going to...
  5. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Total Left Knee Revision

    Surgery yesterday went beautifully. Dr said there was no infection and so he cleaned out all the scar tissue and replaced the implant. Pain is under control as the nurses are taking good care of me and staying on top of it. PT came today and I passed with flying colors. Leg is completely...
  6. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Total Left Knee Revision

    Todays the day! I have to be at the hospital at 1:00 for my 3:00 surgery. It’s been a miserable seven months but I’ve hung in there. Just praying that there’s no infection and he can just replace the implant. I’ll see you all on the other side.
  7. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Revision

    @Jockette thank you, I feel I am too.
  8. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Revision

    Hi @Jockette, I had gone for a second opinion and the new Dr wanted to get a bone scan done first before he did the MUA. Low and behold, that’s where the results showed a loose knee and possible infection. They drained my knee last week to check for infection, but was unable to get any fluid...
  9. Bluebell53

    Revision TKR Bluebell53 - Revision

    I’m scheduled for a revision on my LTKR on 26 July 2022 due to possible infection and loosening of knee prosthetic components.
  10. Bluebell53

    TKR My RTKR @ 22 Wks

    Hi @ShadowMouse, I’m sorry I didn’t respond earlier. I also had a LTKR in December 2021. However, after months of recovery with non stop pain and with decreasing range of motion, I sought out a second opinion. My new doctor sent me for a bone scan which showed possible infection and loosening...
  11. Bluebell53

    TKR Unexpected leg pain

    Update: results from my bone scan show infection and a loose prosthetic. It’s not the news that I wanted but at least I know what’s wrong. So what happens now? Please share any kind of positive experiences for those who have been there, thank you in advance.
  12. Bluebell53

    TKR Unexpected leg pain

    Just alittle update, I went and got a second opinion. He said I definitely need a manipulation. He advised me to go to the Anderson Ortho Clinic in Arlington Va. I made the appt that day and went a week later. The dr there reiterated what the second opinion doctor said about a manipulation...
Back
Top Bottom