Recent content by Blue light

  1. Blue light

    THR Leg length

    Thank you. Looking forward to seeing my doctor on Thursday.
  2. Blue light

    THR Leg length

    Thank you so much for your reply. Glad that your issue with different leg length was resolved. This is my second hip replacement and did not have this problem with my first. Positive feedback is helpful at this point in my recovery. Thanks again, I feel better and hopeful that my leg length...
  3. Blue light

    THR Leg length

    Hello, My surgery for hip replacement was on January 11th. Getting along ok, except my operated leg feels much longer than my other leg. I went to my Physical Therapy appointment last Thursday and mentioned it to my therapist. He measured my legs and said that my operated leg was...
  4. Blue light

    THR 70 years old - needing another hip replacement

    I would appreciate any feedback on persons 70 and older that have had total hip replacement. I had my first hip replacement at 65, now my left hip is also arthritic and I know I will need an additional surgery. How old is too old to have a safe surgery?
  5. Blue light

    THR Stiffness

    Thanks so much for your advice. Everything is so new and foreign to me in my healing process, I get anxious if what I'm feeling is normal. This forum is so helpful knowing that others have firsthand been through what I am experiencing. Feel so blessed not having joint pain. Feeling hopeful...
  6. Blue light

    THR Stiffness

    Thank you for your advice!!! I haven't been able to bring myself to watching a hip replacement surgery video yet, but I'm sure there are layers of muscle and such that are cut. I need a good dose of patience and I'm sure my body will be more than able to remind me of such. Taking it very easy...
  7. Blue light

    THR Stiffness

    Thank you Jaycey...your response helped a lot. Patience is essential with this surgery. I need to calm down and let my body do what it needs to do. Thanks again.
  8. Blue light

    THR Stiffness

    I had Hip Replacement on August 23 and walking some around my house without the aid of my walker, Doctor's instructions. I experiencing a lot of stiffness and muscle strain with each step. I would appreciate other's experience on this problem.
  9. Blue light

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    Thank you for your encouragement. Best of luck with your second surgery on the 24th. We will both be recoupeing at the same time. My first physical therapy appointment is the 28th. I can't imagine what that's going to feel like!!
  10. Blue light

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    Thank you. This site helps answer lots of questions and concerns.
  11. Blue light

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    I am having THR next Wednesday, August 23rd. I find myself hopeful that my hip is going to feel better and then I go through periods of depression and dread that it might not work. Many people have told me that it was the best thing they did and it gave them their life back. I had been...
  12. Blue light

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    I am scheduled for my THR on the 23rd. If the spinal is such that you are totally out I would prefer going that route. I understand that you are more aware and feel better after the surgery. I initially went in to my Orthopedist because my knee was hurting and when she saw the x-rays of my...
Back
Top Bottom