Recent content by blowin1

  1. blowin1

    Revision TKR Blowin1 is Ecstatic now is on the other side

    Thanks Josephine. @Josephine 1. pain. Taking the whole knee, its fantastic, just like a bad ache so I'd give it a 2-3, BUT the lateral pain around the tibia/fibular head area which I described earlier - when I go from a bend to straight its a 10 in fact is 11 an option ? ! the first few steps...
  2. blowin1

    Revision TKR Blowin1 is Ecstatic now is on the other side

    Hi all, just had my 6 week post revision checkup. Firstly the good news, the implant looks great but my goodness the size of the new prosthesis is HUGE compared to my other one, especially the femoral component, it looks like its about to hit my hip joint !!! I also saw the osteotomy for the...
  3. blowin1

    Revision TKR Blowin1 is Ecstatic now is on the other side

    Hi @pumpkin @Josephine well I am now 3 weeks & 3 days post op....but who's counting.....ok...I am ! I was in hospital for a full week and was thrilled to get home. On the plus side, the osteotomy part of the op wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but having said that I am still taking...
  4. blowin1

    Revision TKR Blowin1 is Ecstatic now is on the other side

    So guys, I am now on the other side ! had my Revision of my left TKR last wednesday (11th). Took my OS longer than he thought. He said that the only part of the whole prosthesis that was firmly attached was the patella and the tibial stem. I had osteolysis in my femur which required a bone graft...
  5. blowin1

    Blowin1 is ecstatic !

    Morning bonesmarties, just finished a nice cup of tea !! and a mighty cup of tea it was ! Anaesthetist has been in, he says that I may wake up with a small catheter still in my knee attached to a syringe full of local anaesthetic and that for the first 24hours the nurses can push some...
  6. blowin1

    Blowin1 is ecstatic !

    Hi all, thanks for your messages. Arrived safe and sound. Met my wonderful OS, wont be going to theatre till about 12 midday tomorrow as he wants me to be the last on his list so that he can spend as long as he needs on my revision.
  7. blowin1

    PKR Arghhhhh- double partial

    Hi Nancy ! After the results of the bone scan in March, my GP did refer me for a 2nd opinion to a Dublin based OS, he said a revision was the only way out of the mess, but I could tell me was nervous, as he wanted another OS in the same hospital to review the case. It was during the 3 week wait...
  8. blowin1

    Blowin1 is ecstatic !

    Ah thanks guys, having a little sniffle here at the moment - you've all been great. Bag is packed and going for my shower now and we are leaving at 10am for the 2.5 hour drive to the hospital. I'm bringing a little laptop with me, so I'll check in with you all later when I tucked up in my...
  9. blowin1

    PKR Arghhhhh- double partial

    My heart goes out to you. I hope in time that you and your husband can sit down and try and work out why this has happened. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster with my OS, original OS did my right knee replacement & 11 years on is still great, he moved onto another part of Ireland &...
  10. blowin1

    How long did you stay in hospital?

    2003 RTKR 11 days (nearly went batty !) 2010 LTKR 6 days 2012 Patella resurfacing 5 days and heading into hospital tomorrow for revision LTKR & have been told to expect 6-7 days
  11. blowin1

    June 10th RTKR, pretty nervous

    I am being admitted on the 10th for a revision the following day. So far I have had 2 knee replacements, 1 patella resurfacing and this will be my 4th big knee op, I have no devices at home....other than 1 husband and 2 teenagers ! everyone is different but I personally never felt the need for...
  12. blowin1

    Are You All Prepped for Monday - Fellow June 9 Operatees?

    Having my revision done on Wednesday 11th.....wooohooo I'm in great form !
  13. blowin1

    Future problem for me?

    I'm a great believer in 'gut instinct', and if its telling you to wait, then thats the right decision for you. I am undergoing a revision knee replacement next wednesday, primarily because it would appear that the uncemented prosthesis has not ingrown properly other than the tibial stem. This...
  14. blowin1

    Osteotomy before (or with) PKR?

    oddnick, I'm having an Osteotomy along with a revision tkr wednesday of next week (11th June). Josephine posted a great x-ray pic of what it looks like on my thread "blowin1 is ecstatic". At the physio assessment I was told that they can be very painful and Josephine confirmed this, but I am...
  15. blowin1

    Future problem for me?

    I'm having a revision knee (uncemented) replacement on wednesday 11th June, had my dental check up over 10 days ago and all was well until last wednesday, when out of the blue a back molar started hurting, lo & behold for the first time in my life I have an abscess, so my dentist has me on a...
Back
Top Bottom