Recent content by Blossom

  1. Blossom

    THR RTHR

    Dr. "Tre" Gerald Alexander. Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel. Love love love him.
  2. Blossom

    THR RTHR

    I am at 5 weeks today and in general doing fantastic, if I do say so myself. Walking well, not even a cane. Still under my precautions and not driving til August 1, so bored, but getting along. Starting yesterday, I feel like I pulled a muscle on the outside of my thigh. And the pain runs...
  3. Blossom

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Hi Laura, I feel pretty pitiful and it's just me! I'm at three weeks and thank goodness my girls are older. I understand 12. It can be a frustrating age and all children are different. My older daughter was so easy compared to my younger one. You would have thought I raised them totally...
  4. Blossom

    THR RTHR

    I was three weeks on Thursday. Doing much better. But yesterday and today the pain has really increased. What the heck? I did go have brunch today with my parents, today, while most days are pretty quiet. And I was really cutting down on the meds, but holy moly!! Is this normal?? Oh yea...
  5. Blossom

    THR RTHR

    Came home yesterday. Wow. Great to be here. I know my aunt and mom mean well, but just are information poor. Now I have my girls with me. They are college students and doing great. Molly will stay with my for the next week (working during the day). And Amy goes back to campus Monday. My new...
  6. Blossom

    THR RTHR

    Florida is different. I'm not trying to water off anyone. I'd just like to be left alone. Today's battle is that I'm not doing enough. I'm 5 days post surgery and now my aunt thinks I should be up. Doing what I don't know. I have tried to explain that I should be resting. But then she gets mad at...
  7. Blossom

    THR RTHR

    I had my surgery done on Thursday. Everything went very very well. Not much pain in the hospital. I don't have much pain when walking with a walker which is great news. But, movement is another thing entirely. I'm at a steady 5 or higher for bending (within all precautions), moving, etc. it's...
  8. Blossom

    THR Days 1 and two

    Well had my hip replaced yesterday. Molly Chang was a pre op champ and Lois Larus brought me lots of goodies!! Generation one (mom,dad and Aunt Alice) were there post op and after dinner I don't have much pain yet. The epidural has not worn off and they have given me some pain meds. Also I...
  9. Blossom

    Posterior approach anesthesia

    I have had sedation with egg retrievals and while some people were totally asleep, I was awake and felt everything (they don't do any other pain management because they expect you to be asleep). I think that's my worry. I don't want to be awake.
  10. Blossom

    Posterior approach anesthesia

    i am wondering (on the long weekend when I can't call my OS) what type of anesthesia is generally used in THR.
  11. Blossom

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I am scheduled for a RTHR on June 9. I don't look forward to the surgery, but I look forward to being out of pain and getting back to an active lifestyle. I'm only 59. I'm totally on board with the PT and anything else that gives me the best recovery. My Dr. does a minimal incision posterior...
  12. Blossom

    THR June 9

    my name is Susan and I live in Tampa. I just turned 59 and am having a total hip replacement on my right hip June 9. I am here to learn. Nine to meet you.
Back
Top Bottom