Had knee replaced on Tuesday. Came home yesterday. Thursday start going to rehab. Today sore and a little painful. How long before tightness goes away?
Lifting it is painful. Hoping therapy will help that. Glad to be on other side of surgery now
I am having my right knee replaced on Tuesday April 23, it has been about 5yrs almost to the day since I had my left one done. Since then I have developed Metastatic Breast Cancer with metastases to my lungs.I have been on letrazol and Ibrance for the last 17 months.
I am excited to get this...
Thanks Tim I have been warming up muscles seems better than ice for some reason to far away from pool so just doing stretches and hopefully will start getting massages in a week or so so I am hoping that two will help, now how do I figure out if my leg is finally straight?Is there a way to...
Lauriana and Dewey, great mind think alike I had same questions I am also done with rehab and won't see dr for a year but no one told me how long to keep exercising and how much. I walk and ride stationary bike everyday but still have energy problems. My surgery was April 17 so I know I am still...
Almost 8weeks and back to doing good , am doing exercises reg. two times a day and getting leg straight is getting easier with the exercises you all recommended. Hope everyone else is having a good day those early on it really does get easier with time, each week and each day new improvements...
Sorry Josephine my typing error I meant my joints and muscles are achey. I feel some better today but not great. Thank you so much for the words of comfort I don't where we would all be with out your wisdom. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and answer me. As they say one day at a time...
New problem today knee feels fine only little sore on back and calf but woke up this morning feeling like I have the flu. My muscles and joints are a hey and running fever has anyone else felt like this or am I just paranoid I am falling apart since surgery? I haven't done anything to hurt knee...
Just wanted to update I saw my os today and he was very pleased with progress, said not to worry to much about getting leg straight it will come as swelling goes away, he released me and don't go back for one year. He said to do exercises at home so was so relieved I came home iced my knee and...
Maryo52 Thanks for the reminder I know it will happen it just gets scary when time goes by and I get anxious that it hasn't. I know a couple who have had surgery but only had problem with bending so I guess that's why I begin to feel like it isn't going to be straight but I know I just have to...
Robynhood and hopper my hubby works construction so he is gone 4 or 5 days a week so I will try the pillow or maybe a couple between us lol Josephine I take aleve or if bad I take 7.5mg of loratabs every 6 hrs at nite not every nite though as drs afraid of addiction here in the us so he doesn't...
Thanks everyone for the info, hopper,Toni and Roy I am trying the exercises good idea about heating pad to warm up muscles never thought of that I guess I am stuck on making sure of icing. Dawn and elisea thanks for the encouragement, my pt said you either have problems bending or straighting. I...
I just need some advice, a little discouraged six weeks pt and still can't get leg straight. Pt says it is 5 but I don't seem to be able to get past that. I try to lie on bed with knee down but still little tender and can't stay that way long. I am doing the exercises they tell me to do, this...
I was on a blood thinner for ten days then he put me on 325mg of aspirin two times a day spoke to pharmacy n they said I could try aleve at noon but not much to take with the aspirin. I only have two more weeks on it them may try something else , I never liked Tylenol but preferred ibuprofen as...
Josephine, thanks for the information and you are right I forget just because it isn't the pain I had before. I do take loratabs after pt but only Tylenol most of the time . I am still on two aspirins everyday so can't mix much with it. I am so apppreciative to have found this forum and the...
Thanks so much for the encouragement it has been kinda scary not knowing what to expect and I am not very patient I have been reading all the literature suggested on here but so nice to hear from ones who have experienced it first hand. I have to say it hasn't been as hard as I expected but also...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.