Recent content by bjkasz

  1. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    Here I am again - 3 months later. Now I am 7 months through this process, and I have to say, no progress, which is very upsetting. Saw my OS and he is puzzled as to why pain with walking, sitting, bending, etc is worse than it was before, since the hip itself looks great on the x-ray. My OS...
  2. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    Thanks so much for the hopeful responses! I know that I am only 1/3 of the way through, but I am not feeling at all better than I did 2 months ago, and in many ways my physical condition is worse. I try to remember that helpful graph I saw on this site about recovery and it not being in a...
  3. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    Haven't been on in a while - selling my parents' home, taking care of my Dad, and back at work. But house is sold, and Dad is with my brother out of state now. Glad to be back at work, but still recovery is not great. 4 months out and still no better. Pre-surgery, I was very active, and I...
  4. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    I walked 8 minutes on the treadmill at a slow (1.2 MPH) pace at PT. Using the pilot PT program app that was recommended to me on this forum (thanks so much - it's great!), I had a 4% discrepancy in stride between right and left leg, which is ok, I guess. Trying to get it down to 0! This way I...
  5. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    Thanks! It is SO odd to have to concentrate on how you are walking, when it has second nature for 60 plus years. I am walking on the treadmill at the PT, even strides, standing straight, slowly at this point. Balance work is included too - and I am happy to say that I have always practiced...
  6. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    Thanks everyone! Doc did give me a letter for TSA- I have global entry, so not sure how that will affect the screening next time I fly ( I have been pre-screened and vetted by TSA via an interview, background check, etc). I hate going through yet another x-ray. Rather be patted down! In...
  7. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    6 week post op check up tomorrow - so many questions!!! Among them: back to work date (I stand 2-4 hours for my job), pain management (still need something stronger than Tylenol), blood transfusion followup, if any, card for flying in the future, scar minimizing, continuing baby aspirin, when...
  8. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    PT is going well because I told them I wanted gait analysis, and help with learning how to walk correctly. And that has REALLY helped. Looking in a mirror as I walk gives me good feedback. I tend to lean forward and not have even heel strike, and walking correctly helps ease the pain as well...
  9. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    Thanks all for your support - and the article! I think I may have scar tissue - lots of swelling and firmness in the butt, and perhaps piriformis as well. Hopefully the surgeon will have answers - the PT massage really does help.
  10. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    I had a great conversation with the OS office, and they refilled my pain meds, and told me to modify my activity so that I feel comfortable - reading the riot act to the PT I just started to go to (the reason that I am going there is for the massage of the scar tissue which really helps). The...
  11. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    So here's the thing with the OneStep PT pilot program - seems as though they are based in Israel, where the "rules" for recovery from posterior THR are different than here in the US. The 90 degree rule, crossing midline, laying on operated hip - all only for the first few weeks, not for the...
  12. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    And this is from the pilot program (ONE STEP) that I was invited to from this forum - met with the PT through Zoom this morning, and these are among the exercises that she recommended. Definitely not doing them. I thought that it was more about gait analysis, and walking - not "training". I...
  13. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    I wish I could have your optimism! Everything that I have ever seen or heard before surgery was all rainbows and unicorns - pain was immediately gone, recovery was a breeze, etc -and these are from actual patients that I have spoken with first hand! No way did I expect this level of pain and...
  14. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    My nephew and his girlfriend are coming over tonight - both PTs - to give me advice, and assess if there are any problems that need to be addressed, so that is good news. I also signed up for the OneStep program through this website, for gait analysis, thinking that may be the cause of some of...
  15. B

    THR I'm Back at home!

    I am icing for hours at a time, and most of overnight. At this point, I am going to ask the Surgeon's office to have someone meet me at the curb for my follow up in 2 weeks with a wheelchair. I am unable to walk more than about 50 feet, and in constant pain, and no one is allowed into the...
Back
Top Bottom