Recent content by Bishop

  1. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Thank you both! I’m really struggling with working.Just crying after. Can’t sleep at night. My left ( the last one done) knee just is awful. It feels like I’m being cut with a a shard of glass, stabbing horrible pain for 15/20 seconds then gone. In a few minutes it happens again.Sometimes it...
  2. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Ok Hi all it’s been a long time since I posted. I had my 2nd knee done March 31 and I guess it went all right. Both knees still are stiff and hurt, the left one quite a bit. The knee cap had a “ tiny bit” left and surgeon says it’s “ centered well and tracking” I still have stabbing pains in the...
  3. B

    TKR Meg 2nd knee

    I am so depressed and absolutely worn out from this horrible pain! It will be a week tomorrow and it’s not any better! I can’t take anymore! The nurse and PT came to my apartment today. All vitals good. They watched me get in and out of bed while I scream out in pain lifting leg-but do it.I’m on...
  4. B

    TKR Meg 2nd knee

    I was released. I have a friend staying with me a night or two to help. No I was not able to contact an advocate.I have notes already written and will be making a formal complaint. I’m not feeling/doing well-moving about is very difficult but doing it. Thank you
  5. B

    TKR Meg 2nd knee

    I had surgery yesterday morning on my 2nd knee LTKR It was horrible! I had a spinal with twilight like last time. This time I woke up in the operating room.Since the spinal had worn off I was awake and therefore in an extreme amount of pain.I suffered so that I cried till they got me some meds...
  6. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Hi all! I went to my 6 week follow up for the RTKR the LTKR is coming up in 2 weeks. My surgeon said I’m doing real well. He then asked “ do you have buyers remorse?” I told him I didn’t understand / I need a replacement, not really a want. I asked don’t the X-rays and my 10 years of pain...
  7. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Thank you so much. Yep I’m icing elevating resting and thank you for helping me find my thread.
  8. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    I can’t find my one thread, I guess I haven’t posted in awhile. I’m having a “ large” emotional response to this pain. I was doing real good till last Thurs. I was so excited to literally take those steps. The PT on that day had me do a lot and I was eager to try it. I’ve been in terrible...
  9. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    I agree certainly I can let things go, & feeling better is the priority, but that salt on the floor-my cat ate some and threw up a few times. I needed to vacuume; that only took a couple minutes and better then making my cat sick or worse...I can let the other stuff go for sure! Thank you
  10. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Hi everyone! I can’t sleep again/still. So miserable. Icing, doing the bottles now with the ice machine helps a lot! Got into a better routine with meds schedule and rest since Fri afternoon. Someone was going to come over and help with a few things but it is so cold -20 more w the wind chill...
  11. B

    TKR TKR

    Good luck! May it all go well!
  12. B

    TKR I did it!!

    I’m glad you didn’t get too hurt!! So happy you are doing really well! I hope I can say that soon too!
  13. B

    TKR TKR pain 14 Months

    OMG that’s so sad. I’m so sorry! I too think getting a second opinion is the best idea. I wish you all the very best.
  14. B

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Great idea!!
Back
Top Bottom