Recent content by biogran

  1. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    I did read the set of articles you sent me links to, I must have just missed the one on sensible post op therapy. I am very sorry for the question about exercises. I certainly don't want to over do things again, but when I wake up in the morning particularly my hamstrings are tight, and my knee...
  2. B

    TKR Texas two-step LTKR recovery (9/28)<

    Hi cntry- girl. I had my left tkr the same day as you! I know exactly what you mean by good and bad days. The recovery for this operation is pretty intense but just think how good you'll feel when it's all done! Hang in there and keep thinking positive thoughts.
  3. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    Thank you Josephine and Kneeper for your advice. I am seriously thinking about stopping PT and carrying on by myself at home. If I do, which of the exercises, if any, are most important for me to do? I am also going to take your advice about taking my Tylenol more frequently, and icing more. As...
  4. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    I forgot the two new exercises I did at PT Friday 1. On a weight machine there is a strap that goes around my waist, and I walk back to the tape line and forward again. I do that 10 times, and I think the weight is 10 lbs. 2. There is a band at ankle length, and I pull forward, backward, and...
  5. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    It actually was helpful for me to answer your questions as it made me aware of some things like that I haven't been icing much or elevating properly, and that I may be overdoing it with exercises- I didn't realize how many exercises there were till I wrote them all down. I also could be taking...
  6. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    1. 0 at rest, gradually getting worse the longer I am up and walking or standing still, up to a six if I don't or can't pay attention and sit down. Once I sit it takes about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes for the pain to go away. I describe the pain as achy, and throbbing rather than sharp. At PT the...
  7. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    Yes that's fine
  8. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    Does anyone have experience with wearing Acewraps after surgery? It's been 9 weeks (I had my surgery September 28th) and I still wear Acewraps during the day. At first it was to decrease swelling, but there are times my knee throbs at the end of the day (while the wrap is still on) and when I...
  9. B

    TKR Biograns thread<

    Hi just wanted to see if this was the way to start my own recovery thread. I will post more tomorrow.
  10. B

    TKR Back with a question

    Hi Jakeleg! I had my left knee replaced September 28, 2017. I also get discouraged and down very easily- don't feel you are alone in that. At 8 weeks they all say I'm "doing great", good ROM and all but I still get sore if I'm up on my leg too much. I wear an ace wrap which helps a little. I'm...
  11. B

    Welcome to the September Sapphires' 2017 Recovery Club!

    How do i start a recovery thread?
  12. B

    Welcome to the September Sapphires' 2017 Recovery Club!

    please add me to your list. I had a left TKR on September 28th, 2017
Back
Top Bottom