Recent content by biodarius

  1. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    That says it all pretty much. I am now trying green tea during the day (has l-theanine that supposedly helps with anxiety) and a calming tea (yogi brand) that has at chamomile among other herbs. It is helping, but knowing that sleep deprivation is common helps a lot because now I don't get as...
  2. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    Wow. So it is common... I am taking calcium already, I guess I can give it a try before bed. Thank you for your answers!
  3. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    Dear all, It has passed 54 days since the surgery and I'm having sore serious sleeping problems. These are not because of pain, but rather due to some sense of restlessness, not finding a position to sleep, and being extra sensitive to noise and temperature. I stopped tramadol a week ago (6/7...
  4. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    Ok. I shall do it where it is swollen. How about stiffness? Ice is good for it?
  5. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    Thank you Jaycey. Right above the knee (in operated leg) I've muscles/tendons that take a lot of tension when I'm sitting dow. So they are clearly overused and tired. Should I still do ice on these muscles? Perhaps heat to relax them? Interestingly, My non operated leg is usually 90 degrees...
  6. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    Hi again, I took it easy and stopped exercises. However, over time my operated leg got stiff. Cannot push the knee against the bed. Any thoughts? Thank you and happy new year
  7. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    I have not tried any anti-histamines... but I will definitely ask the doctor. The exercises are definitely exacerbating problems, ill rest more for the next week and try to recover. This is frustrating, were such a great first three days post-op. Thank you
  8. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    And by the way, here is the x-ray right after surgery. The trochanter cut can be seen a little bellow the level of the words "POST OP". The angle of the x-ray is not the best, but one can see the femur neck is short because the right femoral neck (non operated leg, see x-ray above) is also...
  9. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    I walk with a walker assistance, not crutches. Sorry I keep forgetting or exchanging words. These pain meds really mess up with our mind, but they do work for pain.
  10. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    I had Perthes disease when I was a child, so my femur head was completely flat and deteriorated the hip to the point it needed a bone graft from the removed femur head. In addition They made a special cut in the trochanter because the "femur head perthes anatomy" didn't allow to put the femoral...
  11. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    Jaycey, this is fine. Thank you
  12. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    I'm 32 and got my THR on the left side 6 days ago. During the 2 days prior to surgery I did the skin cleansing with hibiclens (chlorhexidine gluconate) as requested, and my skin got incredibly itchy. To the point I could not sleep. It got better after surgery, but it started again to become...
  13. biodarius

    Biodarius in recovery

    Hello. I'm 32 and got my THR on the left side 6 days ago. They had to cut the greater trochanter to allow the prosthesis to enter. Anyone had this procedure? My femur head was flat from Perthes disease that I got at an early age. Now the recovery period will be extended because the trochanter...
Back
Top Bottom