Recent content by billyblu

  1. B

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    I am so happy for you
  2. B

    THR Now I have 2 matching hips

    Today is day 10 post op and I'm feeling better every day. Still constipated but I've been trying to eat more fiber. I'm having a sensitive tooth situation so it's really hard to drink water. I know that slowly all of this will go away but for now I'm trying to accept it as it is what it is.
  3. B

    THR Now I have 2 matching hips

    I had my left hip done on June 7, 2016. On the 4th of July my right hip started hurting. I knew my right hip had osteoarthritis but it never hurt before July. It took a month to get in to see the doctor and he said I was doing so well with the left that we could schedule the right hip whenever...
  4. B

    THR New Hip - New Life

    So now it's a month after my left total hip replacement and my right hip started complaining !! The doctor always told me the right hip looked worse on the x-rays but it never bothered me before I feel so bad because I'm afraid to even do any walking since that's what I was doing when it...
  5. B

    THR weight training and body building after hip replacement

    Handstands and headstands!! Too cool.
  6. B

    THR New Here, 15 Days Post-Op

    That is awesome !!!
  7. B

    THR weight training and body building after hip replacement

    I'm glad you asked the question. I was thinking the same thing about working the upper body only but didn't think about the energy drain.
  8. B

    THR New Hip - New Life

    Thank you!
  9. B

    THR New Hip - New Life

    I was wondering if anyone knows when we can go in a pool or lake again. My doctor said when the incision is completely closed up - which I think it looks closed up. He was also concerned with me doing some wrong moves if I kick my feet trying to swim. I don't want to do any kind of lap...
  10. B

    THR New Hip - New Life

    Thank you so much sharonslp!! I like how you said: I announce my bionic status with pride. That is such a great attitude and I guess I should be proud of my new "bionic" status... Thanks again :)
  11. B

    THR New Hip - New Life

    Today is 3 weeks post OP from my left total Hip Replacement and I am feeling amazing. Before my surgery I was fine 90% of the time - with very little or no pain. But the 10% of the time when I was in pain - it was at a level 10 (and I have a very high tolerance for pain). I was able to do...
  12. B

    THR Sheryl 2 weeks post OP<

    I'm kind of surprised you would give medical advice that contradicts my doctor. Wouldn't my recommended exercise level depend on what level I was at before my surgery? I was doing crossFit and dance up until the day before my surgery. I don't want to lose all my strength. As far as my...
  13. B

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I had my left hip replacement on June 7th but I just found this website and I think it's great[emoji1] Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. B

    THR Sheryl 2 weeks post OP<

    I haven't quite figured out this site yet so bear with me! My surgery was June 7th - two weeks ago today. 1. Pain is zero!! I mean NO pain. 2. I am prescribed Oxycodone 5 mg immediate release. I occasionally take it at night if I wake up stiff and sore. I seem to do fine during the day...
Back
Top Bottom