Recent content by billette

  1. B

    Anxious, tired, tearful

    Hi My surgery is this Wednesday and I am so anxious, for no particular reason I keep thinking the hospital are going to ring me and cancel and i am getting worried about that. I have had all my pre-op tests early last week and have not heard anything so I assume everything is fine, but I don't...
  2. B

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    I have had similar concerns. I am (well was) extremely active and compete in sport internationally - currently I am a shadow of my former self with bone on bone for a year which has been so debilitating and life changing that I am scheduled for my TKR next week. My surgeon has said that I...
  3. B

    Pre-assessment

    Phew that's all done with, x-rays, blood tests, swabs, urine test and what seemed an untold amount of questions. Weight and blood pressure all good as well. Think I seem to be more worried about everything else rather than my TKR next week, all comes round quickly.... Good luck to everyone also
  4. B

    Pre-assessment

    Super thanks both
  5. B

    Pre-assessment

    Hi I've seen some threads regarding a pre-assessment, but not entirely sure what it entails. However I could have completed my assessment on-line but my hospital said I had to come in to have my assessment but never gave a reason. Now getting stressed over it
  6. B

    2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I'm 44 and scheduled for my first TKR on my right knee on 26th August in London. Anxious, loosing weight and wish it was next week instead
  7. B

    26 August for DDay

    Thanks Kneeper and Raff, this is the best site I've found for info and for everyone taking time to read and respond. I can honestly say I'm that anxious now considering I have a couple of weeks to go, have no idea what I will be like on the day. Its just my personality type I'm introvert, shy...
  8. B

    2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I'm scheduled for 26th August for my TKR - I am completely bricking it now and getting into a right state over it.
  9. B

    26 August for DDay

    Thats great, thanks very much for this. This may seem weird but one of my biggest fears is the hospital stay. I have a bit of a phobia with hospitals and I think this is freaking me out even more so
  10. B

    26 August for DDay

    Hi there So glad I found this forum, have my date set for 26th August but the surgeon may move it forward, hopefully not I think mentally but physically I wish it was out of the way TBH. Am looking forward to having my life back, I'm 44 and having a TKR on my right knee and a tibial osteotomy...
Back
Top Bottom