Recent content by Big O

  1. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    I was too busy to check in at my 3 month anniversary. My sister in-law passed away last September, and we have been getting her house ready to sell. It has been a real test of my knee. Over the last week and a half, I have single handedly emptied out an 1800 sq ft house. I filled two 30 yard...
  2. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    @Layla Thanks! I have been doing great. I’m playing golf 3 or 4 times a week and also fishing a lot. I still have a little edema at the end of most days but I wear knee high compression socks to help with that. When I am walking the golf course, both of my knees feel completely normal.
  3. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    Tomorrow I will have my final follow-up with my surgeon. It has been 6 weeks since my surgery. I feel pretty good. I have a little swelling by the end of the day, but my leg is pretty skinny when I wake up in the morning. So far, I played 9 holes of golf on Dec 31, and 18 holes on Jan 3,5,7, and...
  4. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    I’m back! Yesterday, I played 18 holes of golf with my men’s club group. That was 34 days post surgery. I walked the front nine and rode in a cart on the back. It was so great! I had not played since September 8th, and I had missed the camaraderie so much. When you go from playing 4 or 5 times a...
  5. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    Thursday was 4 weeks since my surgery. It was also my final PT session. My ROM is still at 125° and 0°. I have no more quadriceps discomfort and no longer have any problems going down stairs. Yesterday, I walked the front 9 at the golf course and hit balls to the greens from about 140 yds...
  6. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    Well, I’m now three weeks into my recovery. At my last Pt session on Tuesday, I was at 125° and 0°. My Quadriceps feel pretty good now, but I still have some discomfort in the patellar tendon. I still have not done any of the home exercises. I’m pretty active during the day, doing normal daily...
  7. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    3 weeks in. I went to Pt twice this week. It went fine, although I vetoed a couple of the exercises. If it doesn’t feel right, I won’t do it. I haven’t done any home exercise. My flexion is now at 117°, so I’m satisfied with my progress. The only discomfort that I have is my quad and patellar...
  8. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    So, PT went pretty well yesterday. I am going to a different clinic than last time, so it was my first time meeting the therapist. My ROM was 97°. I am able to get me leg within about 5° of flat on the table. The exercises went well, but I did not push it, after all it was just my 4th day. It...
  9. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    Day 4. I feel good this morning. I only used Ibuprofen yesterday and never felt the need for anything stronger. A couple times, when going upstairs, I mistakenly led with my surgical leg and it was not a problem. I can walk around the house unassisted, but for safety’s sake, I’ll use the walker...
  10. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    Medial compartment. Not doing too bad today. Of course, when the nerve block wears off, it hits you like a 9 pound hammer, but knowing that it is just temporary surgical pain makes it quite tolerable. No issues with getting around the house, up and down the stairs, and on and off of the commode.
  11. B

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    Well, I had my partial replacement on the left knee yesterday. So far, so good. The pain level is manageable and I am able to navigate the household using a walker. My surgery was at 8:30AM and I was home by 2PM. I slept upstairs last night, so I had to climb a full flight of stairs. I got up...
  12. B

    PKR November Surgery

    I’ll be having a partial replacement on my left knee on November 30.
Back
Top Bottom