Recent content by Bevelina

  1. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    Ahhh.. Thank you :hugzz: its lovely to get reassurances on here, sure helps keep the reigns on my lonely brains! :) Yes I shall do just that.. and feel better for reading you. On reflection, i may have mindlessly done a bit more different bending and doings lately, trying to do gentle...
  2. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    Many thanks for encouragings (i apologise for the whinge, i haven’t got much choice but to endure on my own, not much in the way of a friend to lean on in life unfortunately). I will try and get out for a wander more in the village. People at my local shops are chatty folks so that’s always...
  3. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    I hope you’re doing well into this new year.. Yes indeed, the path of recovery’s a tough one when you’re on your own… After flu & food poisoning over xmas/NY so far, i’m getting out about a bit, my newest hip is today giving me a new jip. (Op was feb ‘24). I don’t get out that much so i fear i...
  4. B

    THR I Want to Know what Others Feel, Post-Hip Replacement

    Afternoon all Smarties (Me: RTHR 18mnth ago, LTHR 11mnth ago). Relate to these strange n odd pains, advice i read is sound. Support on here is so great, always has been. Personally, & with both THR’s, i’ve learned to listen to my body and have lots n lots patience with adjustments, which...
  5. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    …I wonder also if its best to stop and elevate again and rest a few days.. or keep moving and push on.
  6. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    Many thanks for your reply benne68 and sorting my thread (i’m not very tech savvy on here. Also. Can’t see how to book mark?) 1st hip just feels a little uncomfy (outer hip, near glutes and the side). Like a dull ache. Its not all the time, but even when laying down on the opposite side it can...
  7. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    Hello fellow Smarties, Sending out hope everyones coping and recovering. Post 2nd op now, finally! & off crutches these last couple of months, patience has been the main thing in recovery. Not had any xrays to see is alls ok since (nxt checkup is jun25). But i’ve been managing to become more...
  8. B

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Currently at 5mnths from 2nd THR. 1 year since 1st THR. I came to this forum back then, everyone said be patient, just can’t rush the healing, got me down tho many many times. Tiz true tho, just accept the time its taking for our bodies to knit n sew back together. They’re hard at it 24/7. Be...
  9. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    How’s it going...? Persevering with the hiking poles round the house, though i still feel a bit penguinish (nrly 4mnth since 2nd THR, soon a year since the 1st THR). I’m trying to not use crutches for much longer as they’re kn@ckering my shoulders, painful, after being in them 2yrs +. Its...
  10. B

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Welcome to a great forum! I am sure you will find lots of support here. I very much hope your pains has subsided and you're resting. I wonder if you will be letting your surgeon know of latest developments post op? Bless your lovely grandson, yes, he is right, i am sure alot of other Smarties...
  11. B

    THR New life expected

    I was the same in the fear of damaging things at the feeling if any pain, my GP/consultant are very basic in support; the advice on here has always been so valuable to me and the advice is always right. I too have no one around who knows what this is like. Done/doing both my recoveries pretty...
  12. B

    THR New life expected

    Hi Anna K, it is good that we have this space and support here isn’t it? Great replies as always... I’ve been on crutches about 2yrs, now i FINALLY have had both hips done in the last year, hiking poles suggested by my physio are very good for giving necessary balance as you transfer away from...
  13. B

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    Spot on Jamie! Ahhh... Such great support for us on here, its so valuable. Can’t tell you how much this helped me along my THR’s road. Thanks everyone. X
  14. B

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    My 1st THR was 9mnth ago, my 2nd THR 3mth ago. Both times i did take quite a slump in feeling very down and tired out completely, physically/emotionally. I was irritated and ratty at how long it seemed for recovery, stoopid Google info says ohhh you’ll be working/driving/doings sports (?!)...
  15. B

    THR Bevelina's recovery

    Oohhhh thats great you can go there now. I bet that was indeed so extra special to be able to do that after so long. Similarly..Been 4yrs ish since i went on a beach, or meandered through some woodlands, or go buy me some flowers; more or less housebound for so long, it’ll be a wonderland when...
Back
Top Bottom