Recent content by beth1954

  1. beth1954

    Bursitis in left hip--SO painful!

    I don't have copies of my X-rays, but he told me I have no arthritis, or anything in my hips. Everything looks good! I was so happy to hear that!
  2. beth1954

    Bursitis in left hip--SO painful!

    I fell down back in May.....I landed on my knees. About a week later I started having bad pain in my left hip. Went to my orthopedist and he did x-rays. After the exam, he said he thought the fall caused bursitis. I got a shot in my hip and it felt great for about 10 days. Then the pain came...
  3. beth1954

    Non-surgical question, I fell down and....

    Thanks so much Beau, That's exactly what I think might be going on with me. I don't know if I should go to my orthopedic surgeon or my GP. (Orthopedist has his own x-ray machine.) And yes, falls are very scary!
  4. beth1954

    Non-surgical question, I fell down and....

    Thanks.....I'll do that.
  5. beth1954

    Non-surgical question, I fell down and....

    Actually I did go to my GP a couple of days after the fall. She gave me some muscle relaxers for my aching muscles. I hadn't really noticed the hip pain at that point. If I had any hip pain it was still minor at that time. But it seems like it gets a tiny bit worse as each day goes by.
  6. beth1954

    Non-surgical question, I fell down and....

    If you need to move this, that's fine. I have searched the internet and cannot find an answer to my question. I am 62 yrs old and putting it bluntly, I am extremely obese. I took a fall last week. I fell onto both of my knees (both of which have been replaced.) My knees seem to be fine, just...
  7. beth1954

    Outpatient TKR

    A big NO on the outpatient TKR! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. beth1954

    Newbie with lots of questions

    I think I can say with some certainty that you do not weigh nearly as much as me and my doc said weight is not the big issue that some doctors say. The toilet seat riser was very important to me! I didn't have a power recliner but a friend of mine made a platform to set my recliner on that was...
  9. beth1954

    Out Patient Total Knee Replacement

    I personally would not feel comfortable with a TKR being out patient surgery. First thing that comes to mind is that you can get better pain control at the hospital. TKR is major surgery. I want to be monitored! After my first knee replacement my heart went into a-fib and I'm glad I was in the...
  10. beth1954

    TKR beth1954's Recovery Thread

    OK, I never got the lymphedema treatments because more PT visits were not approved yet! I'm really getting tired of that same old song and dance!! I got my CT scan done. Doc said there is nothing wrong that he can see. But he has decided I have arthrofibrosis. From some other people that I...
  11. beth1954

    TKR beth1954's Recovery Thread

    I'll have to check into that! Thanks for the pointer!
  12. beth1954

    TKR beth1954's Recovery Thread

    @Josephine: I found the pic of the knee.....it's on page 9 of my discussion pages and my pain is in the same place now as it was back then. I don't know why but I thought it was in a different place. You had said then it might be patellar tendonitis. Hmmmm.........
  13. beth1954

    TKR beth1954's Recovery Thread

    @Josephine -- could you post that pic of a leg that you have? The one that shows front and back with the grid over it?? I want to show you where I notice a lot of my pain is.
  14. beth1954

    TKR beth1954's Recovery Thread

    Gosh....just got word that my doc wants me to get lymphedema treatments. I wish he would have thought of that maybe about FIVE months ago!!!! It falls under the guise of Physical Therapy though so since I have used all my 30 visits plus went over by 6 visits, I have to wait til I can get more...
  15. beth1954

    TKR beth1954's Recovery Thread

    My body responds much better to ibuprofen than Tylenol. I get at least some relief when I take the Vicodin/ibuprofen combo. But I will add tramadol.
Back
Top Bottom