@SusieShoes i truly understand that being safe is first always. I will never put my son or my life or anyone else’s life in danger. I was really venting. I will find a way without making a bad decision that I will regret for the rest of my life. I will always be responsible.
Thanks for the advice Eeek. I will find an alternative to get him to school. I will have my left knee done. And a friend of mine who had their left done told me she was driving 2 weeks after but I know everyone is different.
Well the time has finally come. Only 1 day left and I will have a new knee. My first surgery was scheduled for July 31st and that was changed to August 14 and that was changed to August 13. I am still nervously waiting hoping and praying for a great outcome. I have always considered myself a...
When I went to my pre op appointment I was told that I don’t need to stop taking my diclofenac until the day before my surgery. Did anyone else using inflammatory medicine stop it before your surgery and how long did you stop it before surgery?
Thanks for the advice @Jamie i plan on doing some of those things. The only thing I am going to regret doing is working another two weeks but I have made it thus far two more weeks should be easy. But I will stay as busy as possible or as much as my knees will let me.
I plan on buying some gym shorts and pajamas. Just found out that I will get a lot of things when I go to my Pt appointment. And also a machine that I can use that does heat and cold but I can only use for a month. So I will be buying a ice machine for my knee. Already have a recliner. Also...
@ArmyVet i have seen Ortho @ the VA several times. For whatever reason my surgeon will not be available on the date that they scheduled me, which was at least 5 months ago which I was ok with because it gave me enough time to wrap my mind around the TKR and see my son through the end of the...
@lovetocookandsew that sounds wonderful to be able to travel before your surgery. I’m still working, wish I could travel now.
@Celle my new surgery date has been set for August 14,2018
@InkedMarie i wasn’t told why my surgeon was not available for that date he his next available date was...
Well I have gone from a July sparkler to August hot shot. My July 31, 2018 has been rescheduled to August 14, 2018. Hope I’m posting in the right place.
I am so disappointed. My surgery was set for July 31 and I found out that it has to be rescheduled because the doctor will not be there that day. I’m so tired of the pain working gets harder and harder everyday. I was so anxious about my surgery maybe I was too anxious. My pre op, pt, os...
Thanks for the advice @SusieShoes. My job may give me the opportunity to exempt from lifting heavier things. But the time frame when I may be able to return to work will be our busiest time of the year. So as long as the dr agrees I will stay out until the beginning of the year. Because if I...
I am so happy I found this site. The information is so good. My doctor advised me to find and read up on TKR. I can’t wait to share some of my concerns with him before my surgery. So many things I have learned just from this site. Good questions to ask and good info just to know. I feel a little...
I work for a package transportation company. And 70lbs maybe a lot but it is required where I work. And most luggage handlers don’t handle heavy luggage because people don’t pack heavy luggage. They also pay extra the heavier their luggage is.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.