Recent content by Bensmom

  1. B

    TKR Pain Management

    I don't really have a family doctor. Well I do but I only see him maybe once a year or less for things like bladder infections. I have a gyn, an endocrinologist that I see for my thyroid and a psychiatrist that I see for depression. I'm not sure that any of those would be able to help me. ☹️
  2. B

    TKR Pain Management

    I had left TKR on November 6, 2017 2 weeks ago. I had right TKR on November 6, 2016, almost exactly a year earlier, so I know what to expect. This is my concern: I have a low pain tolerance. Last time, I was on oxycodone for 8-10 weeks, gradually weaning off. My surgeon started on me at about...
  3. B

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    I'm scheduled for total right knee replacement on Nov 6. I had my total left knee replacement done on 11/6/16. Looking forward to getting this one done and putting this behind me!
  4. B

    Helpful Products to Have After Surgery

    I'm having a TKR on my left knee on 11/6/17. I had my right knee done in November, 2016. Is there anything that you used after surgery that really helped you or any specific thing that you did that made things easier? For example, I had an ice machine that I found easier to use than ice packs...
  5. B

    TKR How does your knee feel a year after surgery?

    How should my knee feel almost a year after surgery? I had TKR in November, 2016. I struggled to gain the ROM that the PT and doctor said that I should have. In fact, I never did reach the goal that they set for me. I think that I may have hit 100 degrees but even that was difficult. But...
  6. B

    To do or not to do the other knee?

    I had right TKR in November of last year. It wasn't easy - I struggled with the physical therapy - my bend only got to the minimum degree and she wasn't too happy! I also struggled with the pain control - they preach at you to "stay on top of the pain" so I did. Weeks later when I tried...
Back
Top Bottom