Recent content by beachy34

  1. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    Thanks @Layla, it does help to hear of your experience. I figured it was just a different type of healing, but it makes me feel better to hear your story. I have the numbness too and I actually still have a little bit of numbness on the left side and that surgery has been well over a year ago...
  2. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I was supposed to have another follow up appointment with my OS at the end of the month, but it's been cancelled due to COVID-19. They said I could do a video call, but I'm not really having any problems, so I declined and said I'd just reschedule...
  3. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    @Layla, thank you for the anniversary message! It is hard to believe it's been 3 months. Things continue to go well. I finished PT a couple of weeks ago. I think I'm mostly walking normal, at least I hope so.:) One thing, I still experience quite a bit of pain when I bend over for more than...
  4. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    @VSlowLife , @Mojo333 and @Layla , thanks for the well wishes. Work went pretty well today. I only stayed about 4 hours. A little discomfort with the driving, but all in all not too bad. My boss has a project I need to complete by the end of the week and the paperwork was back at my house, so it...
  5. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    Hi all. Just checking in. Things have been going pretty good. My biggest problem is trying to get my stride back. I can walk without the cane, but I kind of rock back and forth. The PT said I need to get more strength back in my hip. I've worked my way up with my driving and am planning my first...
  6. B

    THR Becki's Both Hips Done in 2019 Recovery Thread

    Hi @Beckianne ! I also had both my hips replaced in 2019, although a little further apart than you. I did the first in January and the second the end of November. The first was a very easy recovery and the second, not so much. It will be 8 weeks this coming Tuesday and over the past week and a...
  7. B

    THR Anterior Approach Walking Guidelines

    I guess I'm lucky with my OS. With both surgeries I saw him after in the hospital and then again at my post op visits. I did see his PA in the hospital too, I think twice after each surgery and I only stayed the one night. Doug, it sounds like everything is going very well for you. With my...
  8. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    Thanks for answering my driving question. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. @CricketHip I read the return to work advice. I am planning to phase it in. I don't work on Fridays and the past few months I was working from home on Tuesdays to take my daughter to an appointment. I think I will try to...
  9. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    Thanks @Layla! Hope you had a nice Christmas too! Things have been going pretty well. I had to miss my youngest daughter's first cheer competition (and my favorite because of the holiday theme), but I felt I was too unsteady and I was worried about people knocking into me. I did go to the Trans...
  10. B

    THR New Right Hip for Christmas

    Good luck with your surgery!
  11. B

    THR I had no idea how impacted I was

    Hi @David1962. I had my second THR on November 26, so we are right here in recovery together. My first recovery back in January was so easy I was spoiled. This one is very different and I am experiencing more pains similar to what you are. I'm having such a hard time sleeping although I think...
  12. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    Just checking in. I had my follow up appointment with my OS today. Everything looks good. He apologized that this one was more difficult than the other one, lol. He told me that sometimes even when he does two at once, one can hurt more and there is really no reason for it. I had a different PT...
  13. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    So I haven't really done any more rolling, but the PT did do some massage yesterday that felt good. @ritabell my other hip has not been bothering me and I'm sorry to hear that yours has. Aside from the massage, the PT really did a number on me yesterday. I'm guessing since I was able to do so...
  14. B

    THR Beachy34's recovery

    Thanks @Eman85 , I'll keep that in mind. It felt pretty good when the PT used it yesterday, but I haven't tried it again.
Back
Top Bottom