Recent content by Baldrick

  1. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    I thought it was high time I updated my previous posts regarding my ankle replacement. I still have no feeling on the bottom of my foot and it looks like I will not recover any in the future as it has been over a year since surgery. At times my foot feels heavy and a fuzzy/tingly feeling...
  2. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    Thought I should post an update as its been a few weeks now. I started with physio around 6 weeks after surgery but just a set of exercises to be done three times a day. My front to back movement is improving very slightly but side to side shows no change at present. Still no feeling at all on...
  3. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    I am partial weight bearing but only what I can tolerate which is not a lot at present. Exercising slightly front to back but if I inadvertantly flex side to side it is very painful. I can just flex my toes but too much gives me pain in my heal. Still no feeling in the bottom of my foot at all...
  4. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    Had my follow up appointment today when the pot was removed along with all the staples. I hadn't realized that part of the procedure involved drilling up through the bottom of my ankle into the large leg bone (forgotten name) for the top part of the new joint to fit in. That involved staples for...
  5. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    I went in on Wednesday at 7:30. After all the preliminaries was taken to the prep area where I had two image guided nerve blocks into my leg just above the knee at around 9:15.. Not the most pleasurable experience I have to say although I have had image guided steroids into my ankle in the past...
  6. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    I have had two hip replacements and on both occasions maintaining movement has been mentioned as critical by the physiotherapists and others. Walking, stairs and sitting/getting up (in a controlled way of course) was seen as part of the recovery regime and although I know you were referring to...
  7. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    The link to the NJR is https://www.njrsurgeonhospitalprofile.org.uk/ This allows the input of surgeons name, GMC code (not required) and hospital and then a series of individual records are available for all to see. With regard to exercise, it specifically says "NO" in capitals thereby...
  8. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    Your "no exercise" comment is on your own reply page for all, including me, to see!!!!! You even recommend reading it!
  9. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    Quote "North Tyneside Hospital is the pits" CQC, North Tyneside Hospital, May 2016, Surgery = Outstanding. Overall = Outstanding. NJR data, Murti, Ankle primary = 35, national average = 10 Kakwani, Ankle primary = 13, national average = 10. Both surgeons ARE on the NJR. If you...
  10. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    Looking at Mr Kakwanis record indicates he is above the national average for ankle replacements. Also he referred me to Mr Murty for a second opinion and then due to the possible complexities of the incision required which will use an original incision then goes across the foot then down he...
  11. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    I did say they had only done three replacements after previous fusion. They have done many replacements of non fused ankles. Replacement following fusion is relatively new.
  12. B

    Ankle Ankle Replacement'

    I have just become aware of this Forum via a leaflet from the National Joint Registry. In 1990 I suffered a fall from a ladder resulting in a comminuted pilon fracture of my left ankle. Following recovery I was able to walk well even doing some quite severe walks in the Lake District and also...
Back
Top Bottom