Recent content by babcha

  1. B

    Revision TKR Stairs

    Yes it's great! good luck with your future treatment, hope it goes well, and keep in touch! x
  2. B

    TKR Worried about health

    You're having a rough time at the moment, but it does get better, but slowly. Baby steps and patience to get to 13 weeks, then you will know that the operation was worth it. And then to have that awful kidney pain must be just the pits. This forum has helped me so much, so hang in there you are...
  3. B

    TKR Stairs and heavy lifting

    At 14 weeks, yes I still get, but then it goes away for a couple of days, and then bounces right back again! I still cannot hear anything on the scar apart from rubbing it gently with some balm and around the edge of that some anti inflammatory cream which seems to help. hope this helps, baby...
  4. B

    Revision TKR Stairs

    I am 77 ! Had my op in May! I was taught in the hospital how to use crutches and a walking stick adjusted to my height. you go upstairs with the stick, in the hand opposite to your banister. then the mantra is.....The good go to Heaven the bad goes to hell. meaning your bad leg of course! I...
  5. B

    TKR Stairs and heavy lifting

    I had my op, same day as you, in Guildford! Yes, I have had these shocks, the specialist said it was the nerves coming to life again and healing, as they got cut through during the operation! Hope you're doing well.
  6. B

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    I'm doing the same as you guys now, and doing quite well I think. Last time I was with PT he insisted on the bike, I was 8 weeks then, he pushed my knee backwards around the pedals, the pain was horrendous, I screamed, he then did it twice more, at which time I was in abject pain, crying and...
  7. B

    TKR Tex’s recovery LTKR

    Happy Birthday! Glad you got to the concert and enjoyed yourself. I have overdone social life many times, and have paid for it with pain in knee, leg and foot, but stopped all exercise for a few days, and recovered. Just take it steady, you will get there!!
  8. B

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Hello again! The picture is of a male jug, you will need a ladies! I had awful experience with PT. Each time it knocked me back for a few days with swelling and pain. Then I saw the Specialist! He said to take it easy, no aggressive exercises etc. I have only just started walking for any lenght...
  9. B

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Really sorry to hear you are struggling. I had desperate probs with needing the bathroom at night that I had nothing to drink after 4pm. Then I found a charity here in England that sold a female portable urinal. Basically a hand held light weight jug with attached lid and a female shaped top...
Back
Top Bottom