Recent content by B0etijlc

  1. B0etijlc

    TKR 10 weeks post op

    The pool got me too. At 4 months I also decided it was time to get back in the water. The day before I did it, I walked all over the grocery store with almost no pain. I was feeling great. I didn't stay in the pool long, about 20 minutes and just did easy exercises and walked around a few...
  2. B0etijlc

    TKR I made it through surgery, not sure about recovery.

    As I begin my 5th month of recovery, I can say I am better but not where I want to be. I am able to cook meals, do housework (a little at a time), walk for longer periods of time, and sit fairly comfortably. I still have trouble sleeping as the baker's cyst causes pain and I still have some...
  3. B0etijlc

    TKR What was your limit on pain meds.

    I am doing much better now as I begin my 5th month. Just feel like I go back to square 1 when I do too much. That's when I need a little extra help.
  4. B0etijlc

    TKR What was your limit on pain meds.

    My doctor stopped my pain meds at 5 weeks and refused to prescribe more. I was in so much pain it was hard to finish physical therapy. I had tylenol but it didn't help much. My PCP told me if the surgeon would not prescribe for pain he would, and he did.
  5. B0etijlc

    TKR 3 months post op tomorrow

    Starting my 5th month of recovery. Still having problems with extreme soreness after walking, standing, or exercising too much. The back of my knee (where the baker's cyst is) really gets sore if I have much swelling in my knee. I just back off and rest and take it easier until it gets...
  6. B0etijlc

    TKR 3 months post op tomorrow

    So sorry you are experiencing this pain. I had my left TKR 21 September 2022 and I too feel I have gone backwards. I cannot stand or walk or sit with my knee bent for very long. It is very easy to overdo and then I really pay for it. The comments on this thread have helped me also. I need...
  7. B0etijlc

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Left total knee replacement at 3 weeks (12 Oct 2022)
  8. B0etijlc

    TKR I made it through surgery, not sure about recovery.

    On Monday I got overly anxious to raise my bending number. I was having a sore day and only got 103 and wanted to get the 105 for my post op appointment on Tuesday. So I tried again and pulled too hard and heard a pop and I got 106. But boy did I pay for it. My knee swelled up turned red and...
  9. B0etijlc

    TKR 4 weeks after tkr

    I have an indoor pool at home and I can't wait to be able to get in. The Doctor said I just have to make sure my incision is healed. I will be at 2 weeks on 5 October.
  10. B0etijlc

    TKR I made it through surgery, not sure about recovery.

    I think I'm doing well. I had an episode of thrush in my mouth, throat, and esophagus that was not pleasant. I was given meds and I am still taking them but it is going away and much better. Then, I had an episode of severe constipation that finally resolved today. My knee is doing well...
  11. B0etijlc

    TKR I made it through surgery, not sure about recovery.

    Thanks for this information. Very helpful to have and I will be referring to it often.
  12. B0etijlc

    TKR I made it through surgery, not sure about recovery.

    The day of surgery was great, very little pain and my Doctor said the block would most likely last 2 days. It didn't, I felt it wearing off the first night. I got my medications mixed up and didn't take anything so by morning I was in agony. Thank goodness for my home health nurse, she got...
  13. B0etijlc

    TKR Waiting Patiently for TKR 21 Sep 2022

    I wanted to lose a couple of pounds before surgery but I keep eating junk because I'm nervous and I've gained a couple of pounds. :heehee:
  14. B0etijlc

    TKR Waiting Patiently for TKR 21 Sep 2022

    Oh my, it's getting real. The home health nurse visited this morning and gave me so much information I am overwhelmed. I'm on track and ready to get on with this. My freezer is full of ready to cook or heat meals to help my husband out the first 2 to 3 weeks so he can help me. I am trying to...
  15. B0etijlc

    TKR Glenwood’s Pre Op Journey

    Hello, I am also scheduled for TKR (left knee) and my Doctor will be using Mako. I've heard many stories about this making TKR easier to recover from. I know I had a really hard time after having my right knee replaced in Oct 2014. I've been getting ready and I will be happy to have it over...
Back
Top Bottom