Recent content by awolfpaw

  1. awolfpaw

    First THR due to AVN. November 17th

    28 year old AVN patient also waiting for a hip replacement (Nov 11). Good for you finding doctors who would help you. I went through so many doctors who said the same thing: live in pain until the hip is falling apart. They wouldnt help me because or my age. Im in my 20s, Ive got nothing to do...
  2. awolfpaw

    Core Decompression?

    Im 28 and have AVN in more joints than not. Core decompression is a good option if you are trying to buy time. Replacements only lasy so long. While they are getting better, its hard to say how long they will last. Ive talked to people who had their hip wear out in 5years, and Ive talked to...
  3. awolfpaw

    Avascular Necrosis

    I was asleep as I was also having surgery to remove a surgical pin that was causing bursitis. So unfortunately I cant say which i'd prefer :/ I HAVE done many spinal taps/bone biopsies in my lifetime, and they gave me a mild anesthetic. It made me dopey and sedated, and lessed the pain ( or at...
  4. awolfpaw

    Avascular Necrosis

    I do agree with this as well. I know I hate hearing it from doctors, but they are right when they say "everyone is different". Ive talked to a LOT of people with hip replacements, and Ive seen anything from revision in 10 yrs, to people who are going on 30 yrs with no issues with their first...
  5. awolfpaw

    Avascular Necrosis

    Its very straight forward and easy. They are injecting the cortisteroids directly into the joint in hopes to give you more time/alleviate the pain before a hip replacement. And when it comes to hip replacements, the longer you wait th ebtter because they only last so long (though every person is...
  6. awolfpaw

    Avascular Necrosis

    Hi @mald I too have AVN in my hips (and knees, and shoulders...) Have you checked for AVN in other joints? If you can catch it early, you can do more minor maintenance (such as core decompressions) and possibly save the joints Of 46 is too young, then im SOL lol. Im 28 and will be having my...
  7. awolfpaw

    Taking my 'Accessories' for a Spin

    I initially read this as you were one week post-op and was thinking "WOW! shes one week post op AND cleaning the house!?! This is gonna be easier than I thought!!"" lol, glad youre getting practice beforehand, its a smart idea.
  8. awolfpaw

    Help after surgery?

    fun story: if you search for "hip replacement kit" on Amazon, you can buy whole kits of stuff that you all mentioned! Very helpful, because it comes in one package!! love it, thanks guys!
  9. awolfpaw

    Help after surgery?

    I have a two story, but can make the downstairs my "nest" until I am more comfortable constantly walking upstairs. The only thing up there I "need" is my bed and clothes. I have a sleeper sofa downstairs as well as a bathroom with a complete shower, so figured I would hang out downstairs for a...
  10. awolfpaw

    Help after surgery?

    wow, thank you everyone for your responses!! I cant tell you how much it helps My husband plans on taking that week off, which seems reasonable for us both. He is also in FMLA as needed at work, in case there is an emergency and he HAD to leave early. His mom offered to fly in and help, and so...
  11. awolfpaw

    Help after surgery?

    I am having total hip replacement (posterior approach, plastic on ceramic) in November, and are trying to prepare. As my husband and I prepare, we wanted to know: will we need outside help? It is just the two of us living far away from family and close friends. How much time will my husband...
  12. awolfpaw

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Left hip on November 11! T-minus months!
  13. awolfpaw

    Odd situation...

    Uhg, you have no idea how many bad doctors Ive seen. I had a great doctor on the east coast, but I moved out to the midwest and specialists have been lacking. I actually had such a bad experience at once hospital that I fought for my money back and gave them a scathing review online (I was one...
  14. awolfpaw

    Odd situation...

    Hello all! Ive had a knee fusion for 8 years now, and have been doing fairly well. I was very active for a while and doing most anything I would want to do... ...Until about a year ago when my hip on the same side began having pain. This hip has a history of avascular necrosis. After putting...
  15. awolfpaw

    Two Hour Drive After Surgery?

    Uhg, Im going to have a 4.5 hour drive after my hip replacement. Im not looking forward to that :(
Back
Top Bottom