Recent content by Austinsus

  1. A

    TKR TKR spontaneous swelling

    TKR I too am having swelling though I’m 8 months out. I had chronic swelling pre surgery that was diagnosed as pseudo gout. Was told post surgery it wouldn’t happen since there was no real joint to attack. WRONG. Any time I do anything too active I pay dearly for several days and live...
  2. A

    TKR Eeek’s recovery thread.

    I’m 5 months out and still don’t have a lot of muscle support in my thigh or calf. I had a sidetrack at 2 months with an unexpected laparoscopic surgery for a ruptured appendix and peritonitis which still affects my strength. I feel as though I am not as far in my knee recovery as I otherwise...
  3. A

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    Needhope, your experience almost mirrors mine, except that two months after TKR, I suffered a ruptured appendix and Periotonitis and had to have emergency surgery which I’m still recovering from. That put my knee recovery on the back burner. Four months post TKR and I am frustrated daily. We...
  4. A

    TKR 14 weeks post-op with some hiccups along the way

    Thanks to all of you. That is why I love this site. The encouragement is so helpful. Josephine, I had already read all of your articles-they are wonderful. I do ice elevate and move around as much as possible during my work day and then for sure in the evening. Having desk jobs is really...
  5. A

    TKR 14 weeks post-op with some hiccups along the way

    I had TKR 11/14/17 and was doing well until unbeknownst to me, what I thought was a weeklong bout in bed with the flu was actually a ruptured appendix and I had emergency surgery to have abscesses scraped from almost every internal organ and was very close to being in sepsis. I spent several...
  6. A

    Welcome to the November Nimbles' 2017 Recovery Club

    Thank you bottomshollow, This site has been a lifesaver for me on my journey even though I just recently joined.
Back
Top Bottom