Recent content by ATC

  1. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    Hey gang, Revision performed yesterday, came home this morning. Replaced the right acetabular component and put 4x screws in. Dr. Said there was 0 (yes zero) bony ingrowth with the fist implant. Said he’d never seen this before, and it had no chance. So thankful that I listened to him vs the...
  2. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    I have a call out to him to discuss the stem. I've been having as lot of thigh pain. The surgical order says "acetabular only". I know he can't just run to the auto parts store in the middle, so I want to make sure he has everything that he needs. Thanks
  3. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    Hey folks- Latest update: Did the second MRI- showed very slight improvement but not what the doc was hoping for. Recommends revision to redo the cup and put some screws in. Asked again about the stems in the femurs lighting up but he wasn't so concerned about that. Went for a second opinion...
  4. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    Hey folks Sorry I've been quiet, working from home but very busy. I was a real couch potato for the past 3½ weeks, no exercising (nice emojis Debru), no "walks" and used the cane. Felt pretty good. This past Sunday I figured I'd try and go for a walk around the block, brought the cane as a...
  5. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    OMG, what a time with the MRI! Got chased around to three different centers because they required a MARS protocol with MAVERIC (may mean something to you guys) apparently to "tone down" the existence on the implants in the views. First two couldn't do, and here in NJ we had some snow fears going...
  6. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    Josephine- Thank you for your responses. I feel too much pain as well for this time, especially when compared to the left side. I try and avoid the meds, but will give it a shot, along with the icing. As far as the exercises, just trying to do the minimum we were doing in PT. Don't want to...
  7. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    Here you go: 1. bilateral anterior approach- Dec 10 2018 2. no pain sitting/at rest. Walking can range from 2-6, from dull thudding pain to sharp shooting pain . Stairs 4-8, sharp pain. Bed usually 2-5, sharp when changing positions- annoying pain in the thighs in area of numbness. 3...
  8. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    Thank you all for your prompt responses. I did ask them if I was perhaps I was being unrealistic in my expectations to this point, and was never told I was. To your points, maybe this is normal? But I don't know that- Debru- Thanks for your comments. My physical therapist was concerned...
  9. A

    Bilateral THR Al's New Hips<

    Hi All- I am 54 years young and had bilateral (both hips) anterior replacement on December 10th 2018. Left hip was really bad for years and decided on surgery after right hip started to act up. I'm a sucker for a 2-for-1 deal so opted for the bilateral lol. Surgery went very well, I exceeded...
Back
Top Bottom