Recent content by askrik

  1. A

    PKR Mikes new knee 28 November, 2016

    Hi Mike. Regarding your question, I had a terrible time sitting at the table. My foot would get all tingly and my ankle ached something fierce. The good news it that this WILL go away! One of the exercises my home pt had me do was to sit in a kitchen chair. She slid my foot back under the...
  2. A

    PKR New to the new knee thing.

    I haven't posted in a while so I'm back to say hello. I'm happy to report that all the pity parties, all the complaining, all the doubt regarding surgery are gone. At 19 1/2 weeks, I finally got to the point where I realized that I was happy that I had the pkr. At 20 weeks we went to...
  3. A

    PKR Mikes new knee 28 November, 2016

    Hi Mike. I received my left "bionic" partial back on June 7. I just wanted to let you know that surgery is worth it. You might not feel that way now, nor in two weeks, nor in two months. Up until 19 1/2 weeks post surgery, I questioned why I did this to myself. I'm now so happy that I had...
  4. A

    PKR New to the new knee thing.

    uva55, how are you doing? I love your positive attitude. Thank you for sharing it. :happydance:
  5. A

    PKR New to the new knee thing.

    LoveGiants, thanks. I can be very hard on myself. I am an instant gratification gal but I've had to change my attitude. The tight feeling will hopefully go away for you like it has for me. Can't say about the numbness because I'm still waiting. :thumb: I wish you well.
  6. A

    PKR New to the new knee thing.

    I've been away from the site a while so I'm sorry that I missed your posts. Thank you all for your encouragement. I'm now 12 weeks and two days post PKR. I am amazed to say that the pain has subsided quite a bit. What I now feel is more achiness. The tight rubber band feeling is mostly...
  7. A

    PKR New to the new knee thing.

    Hi Everyone. I am so glad I found this site. I had my left medial partial replacement on June 7, 2016. I am eight weeks and five days into recovery. A little about me: I'm a 55 year old woman. I tore my left medial meniscus 11 years ago and had surgery on that. Everything was fine then my...
Back
Top Bottom