Recent content by asianjedi

  1. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Things are great! Rolled with "kids" half my age tonight. They asked me why I wasn't even breathing heavy. It is all about the technique son ;). Still wishing my ROM would improve but its about the journey right?! I am really a fan of any Jiu-Jitsu guy. Lyota just happens to combine it with...
  2. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Peter, Congrats on starting BJJ! I am sure it will only complement your Karate (ie Lyoto Machida)! I got a full left knee replacement. My ROM is currently at 40ish. Full heel to butt is about 55 I believe. The difference is that 40 degrees of ROM is about 15 degrees more than prior to surgery...
  3. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Thanks for the kind words everyone!
  4. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Per Trailspud's request, here is a video of me sparring on the four month anniversary of my knee replacement. Real quick summary of Jiu-Jitsu sparring: In the video we are start in the "guard". That is my legs wrapped around his waist. Even though I am on the bottom, I am technically in a...
  5. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Good morning so far! Worked out at CFC Boot Camp, then off to PT. Extension is at 0 and just hit my flexion goal of 130! I am now officially discharged and on my own. Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this journey! Trailspud...I will try and post a BJJ training video soon.
  6. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Update video!
  7. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Extension is at.......0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance: :egypdance: :yes!:
  8. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Last measure was at 4. I just think I have been at 5+ for so long it is just taking a lot longer. It'll happen though!
  9. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Make sure you have padding under your knee. When I workout I am always wearing knee pads.
  10. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Just a quick update. Back to training Jiu-Jitsu 2 times a week. Not rolling (aka sparring) aggressively yet. Mainly warm-up, drills, and light rolling. Squats are good, limp is pretty much gone (except for first waking up in the morning), stairs are not a problem. Kneeling is back to pre-surgery...
  11. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Hey Ready! Thanks for reaching out. As of yesterday, extension was 4, flexion was 123 (+13 from pre-surgery). Doc prescribed me another 6 weeks of PT because we knows my goals. Which are get my heel to my butt and kneel comfortably. He said it should be no problem with hard work in the next...
  12. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    Man the knee sure is bossy! Are you sure its a he and not a she? LOL.
  13. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    I hear you guys, but if MUA will get me there faster (without a downside), I would be up for it. Not working out is killing me! Anyway guys as an FYI my doctor (Dr. Randall Peyton) has been doing this for 30 years and is considered the foremost authority/pioneer of TKR in the Metro DC area. If...
  14. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    But Roy, if that is true, then why didn't the tendons tear during surgery when they were able to get 0 and 135?
  15. asianjedi

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    My PT has me doing the arc quad with a 5 pound ankle weight. Pretty easy. I am going to try it with the towel now too. My doctor said my flexion is going well but still concerned with my extension. I reminded her that my extension hasn't been below 5 in 10 years. She mentioned MUA if it doesn't...
Back
Top Bottom