Recent content by Arthrodesis13

  1. Arthrodesis13

    Strengthening abductor, and glutes

    I had a total hip replacement 3 months ago and I'm currently walking with a cane. I had my hip fused for 14 years and didn't have any movement of flex ion in my hip for that time. In essence I didn't have a hip for this time. So my recovery has been extremely slow. I just wanted to know some...
  2. Arthrodesis13

    Arthrodesis Conversion to THR Left Hip

    I have just been transferred to acute rehabs. I'm suppose to stay here 5-10 says. It's intense 3 hours a day. I just saw my x ray and I have two screws holding my antebellum in place. Why is that?
  3. Arthrodesis13

    Arthrodesis Conversion to THR Left Hip

    Upper Chesapeake, but I might go to Sinai for acute rehab. Surgery went great my muscles are just so weak
  4. Arthrodesis13

    Arthrodesis Conversion to THR Left Hip

    Basically I had a fused hip for 14 years so I wasn't using any of the hip muscles. Now I'm looking for exercises to make those stronger As of right now I can't lift my knee
  5. Arthrodesis13

    17 years old and getting a THR

    Wow this was the article for me. I also had AVN but i had to get Arthrodesis which is a fusion of the femur and pelvis<<<<<< my Xray. Im very nervous but after reading all thees testominals from people my age. My date is March 5, 2014!!!! Zimmer Prosthesis. Anyone have any experience arthrodesis...
  6. Arthrodesis13

    2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    I an schedule for my Operation March 5,2014 Start taking my iron pills pretty soon! I am really scared because i am coming from a Hip arthrodesis(<---- Xray in my Signature) to a THR. Much Harder recovery process and surgery
  7. Arthrodesis13

    What is youngest recipient of hip surgery you are aware of?

    I'm 26 and I'm having my THR March 5th but I had my hip fused before it. Any other hippies out there that had there hip fused before the?
  8. Arthrodesis13

    Arthrodesis Conversion to THR Left Hip

    Yes they are. I know the conversion from arthrodesis to to THR is much harder and longer recovery. Is there anything I can do to prepare for surgery and recovery?
  9. Arthrodesis13

    Arthrodesis Conversion to THR Left Hip

    Subcapital femoral epiphysis with AVN of the left hip
  10. Arthrodesis13

    Arthrodesis Conversion to THR Left Hip

    Is that a lot of hardware?
  11. Arthrodesis13

    Arthrodesis Conversion to THR Left Hip

    So I had my hip fused with the Cobra plate at the age of 13. I have minimal pain, but have severely limited range of motion and walk with a limp. Eventually I will have to get a THR but I would like to do it sooner so I can have a better quality of life. I know that arthrodesis conversion to a...
Back
Top Bottom