Recent content by ArthriticWonder

  1. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    @josehpine....I said that because you stated: "Actually, I'm a little confused by the PT's diagnosis of "hamstring bursitis" as there actually aren't any bursae around the origin of the hamstrings! :snork: I think he meant tendinitis!"
  2. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    @Josephine there is a bursa at the hamstring orgin: "ischiogluteal bursa" The hamstring muscles originate from the pelvis (ischial tuberosity) and insert into the top of the lower leg bones. The hamstring muscles attach to the pelvis via the hamstring tendon, which is why I called it hamstring...
  3. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    Thanks again for the replies! I guess that is a lot of exercise. However, the lying "exercises" are really just ROM moves for the joint-gentle. I never knew this could actually happen. I was instructed to do the exercises twice a day (and I will admit that sometimes I only did the weight...
  4. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    I'm trying to remain positive but my knee locked up on me 5 times last night. NO SLEEP-EXHAUSTED. My surgeon told me if my knee locked up on me after the cortisone, I should call him. I guess I'll be calling on Tuesday. Has anyone experienced soft tissue impingement with bleeding 5 months...
  5. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    @HerbM .....I REALLY LIKE how you said YET!!!!! THANKS!!! That is starting my day out on a positive note!!!!!
  6. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    @Josephine that is ok, no need to follow up on that. @HerbM and @ConnieJOS thanks for your feedback. I apologize if I have messed up the administrative aspect of this. I saw my surgeon yesterday (after being in the ER a last Saturday night). He drained a lot of blood from my knee and gave me...
  7. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    Herb...or should I do @HerbM ...THANKS for both replies. I completely agree with you that our neurological pathways, muscles, brain have adapted to survival ways of mobility before our replacements and that we need to carefully retrain all of that. It takes time. I'm mindful with my movement...
  8. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    I just want to add that although I don't have super pain most of the time...my body is NOT recruiting correctly. The nerves are in overdrive and I do feel very un-coordinated and unable to really use my legs that way I want to ...or the way I used to....I feel fake. I don't know if this makes...
  9. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    Hi Josephine , 1. pain is usually around a 2. When my knee locked up on me it was a 7. Sometimes at night I get nerve zingers that bring it to a 5 but those are intermittent. 2. I take 325 mg Tylenol at 8:30am, 10:30am, 1:00pm, and 4:00pm. Then at night I still need a 5mg pill of Oxycodone...
  10. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    I'm not sure how to do this (since we've been instructed to stick to one thread....so I didn't start a new one but I have a concern/question). I'm 5 months post RTKR (3 months post LTKR and 1 month post LTHR). I ended up in the ER on Saturday night b/c my R leg totally locked up on me. I...
  11. ArthriticWonder

    MUA 3 Weeks post MUA- still not getting ROM!

    My second knee was MUCH WORSE than my first knee. I am now 3 months post LTKR and it is finally starting to turn a corner. (My left hip was awful and I had that replaced a month ago, which really helped my left knee). So, for me, it was my left hip that really held me back with my second TKR...
  12. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    THANKS very much for responding to my thread! One replacement is tough enough-I totally get that. I admire and respect the feedback from all of you! Connie...you and I have had our replacements the same months. Good to hear that you are doing well. My surgeon wanted me to do my knees first...
  13. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    THANK YOU ALL for responding to my thread! Your feedback, suggestions, and support have been VERY helpful. I WILL slow down and pace myself with this. Healing takes time, I know that logically. It has been a tough road and all I want to do is move....but obviously my body isn't totally ready...
  14. ArthriticWonder

    THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

    Hi, I am 3.5 weeks post LTHR (anterior), 2.5 months post LTKR, and 4.5 months post RTKR. I am walking up to 2-3 miles a day. I can walk for 30 minutes straight but my L knee and L hip need to rest after that. I went back to work at 2 weeks (administrative job). I am on the recumbent bike...
Back
Top Bottom