Recent content by ArtGirl

  1. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    It's been 40 days since my TKR Revision. I've been doing most of my PT myself and started PT last week because I wanted some expert guidance on achieving my new fitness goals now that my leg can take it. My leg measured -4 degrees extension and 119 flexion, so I'm really happy with it. It still...
  2. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    UPDATE: I'm 2 weeks out from the revision on my left TKR. I'm relieved--no, THRILLED!--to say my knee felt better immediately and continues to improve every day! The pain is no where near the "normal" pain level it was pre-revision, I have better ROM now, I sleep better and I'm BRACE-FREE for...
  3. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    Yes, our problems are different but the root issue is the same: Finding a doctor who will listen, see, and physically examine our body. Thanks for sharing your journey and for being so supportive. I appreciate that :)
  4. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulty you're still having after such a long time. Now that it's been 1+ year since your surgery, you are free to seek out another Orthopod. I interviewed 3 TKR Specialists before I found one who had the training, experience and bedside manner that was a good...
  5. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    This is a response to "Jockette" regarding how my current surgeon determined my knee problem when the x-ray seemed normal: Simple: He performed a series of visual and physical exams. First, it's visually obvious my knee is very swollen because it has a lot of fluid on it; Second, when I bend or...
  6. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    The Revision date is July 31, 2018
  7. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    I'm not comfortable naming the Orthopod who performed my original surgery other than to say he practices here in Wilkes Barre out of WB General Hospital. The only good thing he did for me was to refer me to The Rothman Institute to see Dr Nazarian, who told me several things he probably...
  8. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    Just wanted to share an update about my recovery since my Nov 27, 2017 TKR: After 7+ months of excruciating pain, continued knee instability, chronic swelling, tendon impingement (not to mention the constant crunching, grinding and searing pain), and being forced to wear a custom-made brace just...
  9. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    I'm so glad I found this site and all the wonderful folks on it who've been through no-so-easy TKRs. I deeply appreciate the informative, supportive and helpful info from everyone. I really do feel better (emotionally) and will not focus so much on ROM as the definitive indicator of progress or...
  10. A

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    Left knee reconstruction utilizing cadaver ligament, Aug 1987 Post-op PT disaster from Aug 1987 that resulted in revision left knee reconstruction, June 1988 Left knee hardware removal, Aug 2007 Left knee arthroscopy and meniscectomy, 20013 Left knee arthroscopy, Oct 2015 Left knee total joint...
Back
Top Bottom