Recent content by armywife

  1. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Hi all, I haven't posted in months and months. I had TKR at 41 (8 months ago). I was struggling for a long while with my recovery. Knee feels OK now but the whole leg is swollen and very uncomfortable. I saw my surgeon who agreed it should not be so swollen. He referred me to a vascular...
  2. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Thank you! A CRNA is certified registered nurse anesthetist (he does everything that an anesthesiologist but is not an MD). He practices completely independently (he's in the US Army). I have such issues with the NSAIDs and my stomach (and I'm on a prescription drug, rabeprazole/Aciphex for...
  3. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Oops - Then I do the bike for 15 minutes and light weight hamstring curls and leg press (about 20 of each) My activity level is still pretty low. I have cleaning ladies, so I do a bit of dinner making and light picking up (I have a 5 and an 8 year old, so things get a bit messy quick). I...
  4. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Guess typing on my phone makes for errors! I've gotten to 118° on my own! I am only on Toradol as needed (he gave me just enough for the 5 day dose of one every 6 hours. I only take one after PT days. I am very careful with my NSAID use (hubby is a CRNA and very knowledgeable about meds). My...
  5. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Quick update here - I'm close to being 3 months out from my surgery. My recovery is still very slow. I have a lot of swelling still which is affecting my progress. I wear a compression stockings every day, have done a dose of steroids and currently have a script for Toradol (sp). I ice and...
  6. A

    TKR My recovery feels like it is to slow.

    Hi and welcome. I had my RTKRalmost 3 months ago. My recovery is going very slowly. But I am improving! I'm 41 and my surgeon also mentioned that his young patients have more pain and usually a slower recovery (not fair if you ask me) :-) I'm still dealing with lots of swelling (much more than...
  7. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    I have a script for Aciphex (rabeprazole) which is the only thing that helps my heartburn (and I love Gaviscon when I need extra help)! I am only taking a 500mg Tylenol once in the morning. I can't take much for pain - everything except dilaudid makes me vomit. I think the Celebrex was really...
  8. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    My off days definitely consist of sitting around or laying around - which is hard to do with a 5 and 8 year old running around the house and my almost 65 year old mother doing practically everything! I keep thinking I will wake up one day and VOILA! All will be ready to go! :-)
  9. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    I started off WAY back on the bike and have been able to move up. I actually like doing the bike. It makes me feel productive! And I read the Bangor Daily News headlines on my phone every day! I'm from The County. ;-)
  10. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Hi Josephine, Thanks for merging - I really should do this on the computer and not on my phone! Here are my answers. 1and 2) my pain goes from a 1 to about a 4 (mostly pressure and throbbing). I was on Celebex twice daily - which was controlling the pain. Then I got stomach problems (to...
  11. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Thanks again. I feel like the PT is going well and not causing issues. Plus their ice contraption (Game ready) rocks! Having a 5 and an 8 year old during this has been tricky. Thankfully, my Mom (she's 64 and very healthy) has been staying with us. We have to walk the kids to and from school...
  12. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Thanks for the replies. I'm not doing anything at PT that hurts - except that they do manipulate and slide my knee cap around because I have some serious scar tissue. I do lots of quad raises then heel slides, heel raises and have added very light weights in the leg press and hamstring...
  13. A

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    Hi all, So I'm 7 weeks post op from a right TKR. I'm 41 years old and a normally very active Mom to 2 small kiddos. My first 4 weeks of recovery were, honestly, awful. I didn't sleep, eat, interact or do much of anything. My progress is finally coming along (took Ambien for a while to finally...
  14. A

    Question on toilet frames...

    I got a great toilet seat frame from Amazon for under $40 which has been a life saver. I could not have used that toilet without it (butwe have low seats in this house). Good luck.
  15. A

    TKR Starting to wish I'd never had a knee replacement

    I will be 4 weeks post-op tomorrow and am also struggling with low ROM (only about 90 if I really push it). I am elevating the right way and icing a lot, as well as taking pain meds. I believe my issues are all tied to my swelling - which is still very impressive! Hang in there, do what...
Back
Top Bottom