Recent content by ArmyVet

  1. A

    TKR Awaiting Total Knee Surgery and anxious

    I had a spinal and nerve block--but also had a shot of Versed in my IV. That's all I remember. That shot in my IV. I don't even remember the "ride" to the operating room!!! I was in pre-op, then I was in recovery!!! That's my kind of surgery!!!
  2. A

    PKR Frustrated after PKR

    Someone with the links will be here shortly, but DO NOT let your therapist put you in pain!!!!! To me, it sounds like your baby knee won't bend because it's too swollen!! Give your knee time-- REST, ICE, ELEVATE, and that swelling will go down and you WILL GET FLEXION!!!! Someone here gave...
  3. A

    TKR New and even more scared

    I had a TKR, then I had a long stemmed revision about a year later. I will tell you I did NOT notice any difference in the regular vs. the long stem tibial component during recovery. With both, there were times that I had some stem pain, but it was short lived- it was more a feeling of...
  4. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    I don't know where to start today. I'm back on my walker after 5 months. Was having pain on the medial side of my knee and saw the doc, who told me I MAY have sprained my MCL, and put me in a hinged brace again. This was at the beginning of Nov. Now I can't walk on my knee without...
  5. A

    Revision TKR Facing 3rd replacement

    I am 57 right now, and I had my original TKR in 2018, my FIRST revision on that knee in 2019, and the 2nd revision on that same knee in June of this year. My first two implants were also loose. My surgeon finally decided to upgrade my implant to a Stryker Triathalon, and now almost 4 months...
  6. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    Three months tomorrow after my 2nd revision of my original TKR in May, 2018. Yep, an original TKR in 2018, 1st revision in 2019, and now 2nd revision of the SAME knee in June of 2020. This has been a LONG road. My medial plateau of my tibia did not seem to like the implant the first two...
  7. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    @sistersinhim Could you possibly help with a question I have?? I am now 4 weeks post surgery. I live at "sea level"- but I am currently visiting the Great Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, TN, and my baby knee will not stop hurting!! Could it be the change in altitude that is causing pain...
  8. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    For the 1st time ever, I had insomnia last night. Could have been caused by pain, because my knee hurt, even with ice and elevation on top of pain pill. I sure do hope this was it, and it won't happen again!! I've NEVER had problems sleeping, unless you count sleeping too much!!!
  9. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    First pic is my knee after the staples were removed today. 2nd pic is a pic of my new implant, and yes, I have the cones! Anybody else had this type of implant and would you tell me about it?? Other than this recovery being worse for pain so far than the 1st two COMBINED, I can completely...
  10. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    The pic didnt show... here it is
  11. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    Day 7 after surgery. Still swollen, and the blisters I had after the 2nd surgery are back!! They pop when they are ready, then seem to fill up all over again!! Doing a LOT more sleeping this time. I always read here that every recovery is different. I thought it just varied by person- or...
  12. A

    Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

    Well.... 2 days after my 2nd revision. This one has been more painful than the first 2 COMBINED!!! Ya'll would have been proud of me- the therapist came into my room, and INSISTED that my heel needed to be raised, and then he started pressing my knee down to the bed-- I told him to get the...
  13. A

    Revision TKR Tomorrow..

    They say "3rd time's the charm", and I hope it's true!!! 2nd revision to happen 8am CST tomorrow!!!! Had my original TKR on my right knee in 2018, after waiting 19 years for it to happen. The original tibial component became loose after 6 months, and a revision was scheduled and completed...
  14. A

    TKR Jitters

    Realize how many of these type of replacements your surgeon has done, and he/she does know what they are doing. Are you jittery for the anesthesia? The surgery itself? I can tell you how mine went. I had the iv line started. Got some happy meds in there. I remember the ride to the OR, and...
  15. A

    Revision TKR WOW... Cost of my revision

    Celle-- I fixed it.. I must have been spacing when I did my signature update!!! Which reminds me.. You got a Stryker Triathlon knee, and that's the one they are putting in me this time. Is the recovery any different?? I have only had the single stem, and the multiple "wings" make me wonder...
Back
Top Bottom