Recent content by Arizona2003

  1. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Thanks. I am glad to have your quick and detailed responses. Like many people I feel fortunate to have found bonesmart.
  2. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Question about infections. My doc says that I should do anti-bionics prior to any medical work. That makes sense. My question is should that include a visit to a dermatologist who will probably find something to remove? And if you take drugs for this,what about all the little cuts and scrapes we...
  3. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Thanks as usual for all the advice and well wishes. As I live in Arizona you would think that being cold would never be a problem but I am at my computer in a hoodie. I do warm up and even get hot if I am outside and the day is warm. So thanks again..
  4. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    I have been cold most of the time since TKR. This may not be totally due to the surgery, but I am now running a low body temperature. My average temperature is 96.4. That is measured at home and upon going into the doctors office. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it a cause for concern?
  5. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Good advice as always. I don't feel that I am over exercising as they is no pain or discomfort while exercising and my doctor? PT guy would say I am not doing enough. My knee doesn't swell up or hurt a lot, but it is aggravating at night affecting my sleep. Thank God for my ice machine. It is...
  6. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Thanks Jockette. I thought that might be the answer. How about bike riding? I am doing the stationary everyday but only for 15 minutes at low intensity. How much walking per day?
  7. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Six weeks out and doing much better. My doc recommends strength training basically consisting of extending the leg with ankle weights and going for longer hold times. Is this consistent with bonesmart's advice?
  8. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Thanks for all the advice.It is hard to overstate how valuable this forum has been for me. The main thing it has done is present the "other side" of the argument. My doctor believes in aggressive PT. My PT guy doesn't push too much and thanks to Bonesmart I know when to say enough. So I have...
  9. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Five weeks this Monday and things are going as predicted. I can walk pain free but long walks and grade changes tend to make the knee hurt at night. The main problem area for me is stomach upset, nausea and constipation. I take a drug for nausea and it causes constipation. Don't know what to try...
  10. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    My GP recommended Diclofenac Sodium as a pain killer and substitute for opioids. The list of side effects is frightening. Any thoughts?
  11. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Jamie, thanks for all the great info! I have to say that I am glad I found this site. Because of pain I have not done all the PT said to do and thanks to this site I don't feel bad about that. My doc quoted some of your myths "No pain no gain" "window of opportunity" etc. I can understand why...
  12. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Side issues are a problem. I feel very tired and sickly. The knee has continually gotten better. At four weeks I have 0 -110 ROM and can walk with no limp or pain. Next steps, I hope, is to start feeling better in general and get off the pain pills.
  13. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    I am getting to the point of wanting to cut back on the opioids. I can go all day without meds but at night my leg spasms. It is not painful but sleep would be impossible. Norco calms the spasms. So what is the best non-narcotic drug for knee pain? Anyone else have spasms?
  14. A

    TKR Arizona2003's TKR Feb. 17, 2020 Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the answer. I am getting worried. It doesn't help that I have lost 13# and I was skinny before.
Back
Top Bottom