Has anyone received an articulating spacer as part of a permanent TKR revision done due to infection.
Because I was infected bilaterally and received revisions from 2 surgeons in the span of 10 days, I had 2 different surgical approaches. I have had great success with one knee and less so with...
It’s not so much a corner, as it is a long, winding bend. Hang in there. I am at 5 1/2 months after bilateral TKRs and am so much better. I still have little set backs but overall, heading in the right direction. You will, too.
Hard to believe that I am 41/2 months from my bilateral TKR revisions due to infection. I am feeling SO much better! I am going on 2 km walks every other day and although tired at the end of the walk, I have little to no pain. Occasionally, I have a sore left hip when I start on my walk, but I...
Hi CaFireman,
I am now 65 and have always been in good health and although never an athlete, have always been active. I had Patellofemoral replacements in Canada for both knees, 1 year apart. I ended up having them revised with only a 10 day interval in between May 30 ‘22 and June 8...
After another blood test and aspirates from both knees to compare to the original stats, it was determined that in all likelihood, I had an indolent knee infection in both knees. In other words, low grade, under-the-radar infection. Bilateral knee revision surgery was recommended.
I have been...
Just a wee update. Doctors were able to aspirate knee fluid, from left knee only, on March 30th and it was sent for culture growth. I see the surgeon on May 4th to discuss results and next steps. Walking is extremely difficult these days, but I am able to do floor exercises quite well and will...
Thanks, Jockette. Had another appointment today to discuss my blood work taken last week. Seems I have a few markers that could indicate infection. Sigh. Doctor tried to aspirate fluid from both knees, in order to grow a culture, but knees were dry, probably due to cortisone received last week...
Was fortunate and got in to see another OS sooner than expected. He has an amazing reputation and is a revision specialist. I did my homework and asked specifically for a referral to him. He noted my disabled state, offered cortisone shots for both knees, sent me for blood work to rule out...
No one suggested it. I have just been rather desperate to get some improvement and looked into options on my own. I think, however, that I will not proceed as it just seems too risky. Don’t want to cause more harm then good. My sincere ‘thanks’ for your reply.
Thanks very much for your comment. I will discuss prolotherapy with my GP but have a feeling he will recommend a pass. Seems too dangerous given what my knees have been through already.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.