Recent content by arawak5

  1. A

    2017 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    I had my THR on the 17th! So far so good. Recovery is way better than the last hip replacement. Mostly sore but moving around fairly well. Realizing its best to rest the first week than trying to start PT strengthening exercises too hard. I end up pretty sore through the night and can't sleep...
  2. A

    Post-op muscle spasms

    Immediately after my first THR surgery, I had severe muscle spasms in my operative leg at random times throughout the day. I was prescribed Tizanidine by my surgeon to alleviate the pain associated with these spasm. While I can't say it really helped, it did create significant confusion, anxiety...
  3. A

    Hip Replacement at 39

    @volatile A lot of great advice in this thread for you. I had my first THR due to AVN at age 38. It came as a complete surprise to me. I suffered from severe groin pain, back pain and muscle spasms for nearly two years. Doctor and PT diagnosed as muscle injury. Constant physical therapy that...
  4. A

    2017 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    March 17th is my THR date. Can't wait. Had THR on other hip last year. 39 years old. Due to AVN. Bonesmart was a great resource for the first round. Looking forward to a smooth recovery this time. Good luck to all March surgery candidates.
Back
Top Bottom