As promised, an update and photo "evidence" that things are on the right track!
We're just home after 3 weeks birding in the Andes in Northern Peru and very happy to report absolutely no problems with either of my fabulous new knees!!! After the pain of last years visit to Ecuador (prior to my...
It's been more than two months since I last updated my story here so just a quick update now I'm at 19 months with the TKR and over 8 months on the PKR. Firstly, I wish I'd started out on the knee replacement journey a year or two earlier. Within a month of the PKR I realised I was basically...
Thanks @EalingGran & @sistersinhim for your advice. I've got a really nice pair of collapsible ultra light weight carbon fibre hiking poles which I used to "hobble" around with in Ecuador last November - and wouldn't dream of leaving them at home for this trip. I think most people agree that...
Thanks for the "reminder" @Layla - of course that was a month ago and I'm now at 16 months on the TKR and 5 on the PKR and very happy that both are progressing well and there's not much I'm not able to do (prolonged kneeling excepted so having to find new techniques for weeding the garden!)...
Thanks for the reminder @Layla !
3 months and a day since my PKR (and 14 months since my TKR) and things continue well! At times I have to remind myself that it is only 3 months but happily I'm basically pain-free in both knees which was just a dream before surgery. How quickly we forget the...
Well, today was the 2 month anniversary for my part-new knee and everything still going to plan.
I had my post-op follow up meeting with my OS 2 weeks ago and he was very happy with the outcome and "signed" me off for the process. He showed me the post-op X-rays which all look excellent and in...
Thanks @Layla - although you may have mis-understood as the deteriorating right knee disappeared as of 18th February to be partially replaced by a pain-free variety!:yahoo:
Thanks also to the kind messages from all the other BoneSmart staff. Where would we be without you!
Thanks for the greeting @Layla ... I was just thinking I ought to add an update!
===================================================
I’m celebrating the first birthday for my leftie’s TKR today! And on the whole it has been a pretty smooth recovery with the biggest problem probably being how...
So, three weeks today since my PKR and things are going pretty well. I had my staples out a week ago: nice clean job and slightly shorter incision than last years TKR - and hopefully will continue healing as well as that one did. I had my first physio session the same afternoon and thankfully...
So sorry to read about your experiences - which reminds me of my first PT session after last years TKR when the physio just alternated between form filling and seeing how far he could push my (then) 10 day old new joint. He showed little apparent interest other than in the numbers and offered...
I'm 100% in agreement with the approach/attitude from @mendogal
In my pre-discharge meeting with the PT's a week ago I was handed an exercise sheet to follow until our first face-to-face session next week (2 weeks post-surgery). This had 8 different exercises detailed - I expect they'd all be...
I'm fortunate in so far as my wife has retired and got "used" to having to do most of the farm work last year following my TKR so I owe her a huge debt of gratitude for taking the strain for more or less two full years.
Fortunately we have a couple of local "real" farmers (ours is just a...
Second full day home about done and things still going really well. Focus has been on rest & recovery so far with just regular short walks (mostly bedroom to bathroom & back) and "exercises" limited to those suggested to help reduce clot risk rather than work on mobility/function.
Compared to...
Thanks all for your supportive comments - and reminders on the BS "rules" for recovery! I have re-read!
I was discharged as planned yesterday afternoon and trip home (45 minutes) went smoothly although I was feeling quite shattered by then. So, tucked up in nest by 4pm after which I slept...
A happy good post-op morning with my new partial (consultant happy that TKR not required).
All went to plan - 39 minutes under the tourniquet - and no negative reactions to the anaesthetics (I had epidural plus sedation). Reasonable nights sleep (with usual hospital distractions) and mix of...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.