Recent content by Ant69

  1. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Given that the NHS says that after tkr you should be able to return to work within 6-12 weeks Has anyone in the UK actually managed to return to a manual job in 6 weeks? I am an electrician and there is no way I could even try... Still using 2 sticks on my daily 400M walk... Really couldn't...
  2. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Hi Skollieal Same here got put through to prescribing nurse.... I insisted saying that I had just had major surgery and would require pain killers for at least a couple of months.. . She argued... I asked to speak to a doctor... All of a sudden she became realistic and prescribed...
  3. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Thanks again for the reply Jockette... I have now bought a pedal exerciser and am doing 5 mins several times a day.. Knee is over 100 degrees but tightens up with walking..... Straight leg is still an issue... often takes me a min to start walking after standing up, as my leg just doesn't lock...
  4. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    After a few weeks I do find myself asking.... Does physio actually have any real effect or is it just psychological.... giving you something to do so that you stop worrying and feel as if you can make a difference? Will doing 10 sets of leg lifts 3 times a day really make a difference? Surely...
  5. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Thanks Newkneenewme Lol .... scary surgeon...roflol.. Good info re exercises .... It is a very wierd experience ... being able to lift the other leg with no problems... but not even being able to lift the operated leg 1"... It has come back to some extent... I can lift the leg but its bent...
  6. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Thanks again Jaycee.... I know my recovery has been delayed by 3 weeks due to the quads refusing to work.... but, having now experienced this.. how the heck does anyone manage to get back to work after 6 weeks? Lol
  7. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Thanks for the reply Jaycey... The thing that is really bothering me at the moment is the 'clunking'... And, the problems trying to do straight leg lifts.... just having real problems trying to get the knee locked and straight...probably at 25 degrees at the moment....
  8. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Ok.... update.... and questions. 4 1/2 weeks post now. Had issues with quads for 3 1/2 weeks ( just wouldn't work) So quads now working, a little... I can walk 400m with sticks... But, knee still has really tight bands from the outside to above the knee.. And now clicks or clunks almost...
  9. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Here in the UK our system is somewhat insane.. I fortunately had my operation in a private hospital but they sent me home with meds for 1 week. I then had to try to speak to my NHS doctor for a repeat prescription... Given the covid 19 issues my doctors surgery isn't making appointments... So...
  10. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Thanks Oregon Mom... The only reason I mentioned the UK was to try to understand specifically what pain relief British GPs will normally prescribe. I had 1 weeks worth of Dihydrocodeine and Oral Morphine prescribed by the hospital. Then last week spoke to someone at my GPs surgery and was...
  11. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Hi all... So I had tkr 2 1/2 weeks ago.. Still cant straight leg lift... ( previous posts . Not particularly worried) But, a couple of questions.. 1. Consultant prescribed blood thinners for 2 weeks.... I have noticed I seem to be getting a mild 'pins and needles' feeling around my...
  12. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    What is everyones opinion on using an exercise bike set on 'no resistance' ?
  13. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    Thanks for the replies..... Is it also common for your knee to feel tight. To the point that you feel you are going to snap something if you stretch it any further? I probably overdid it yesterday Knee was really sore last night.... Going to rest and ice today....
  14. Ant69

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    16th Sept operation Next day 100 degrees and straight leg ( obviously anesthetics still working) and straight leg lifts... 2 hours later leg swells to twice the size and can hardly move anything 2 weeks post today. Walking 100m each day (slowly and carefully) But, I have been having...
Back
Top Bottom