Recent content by annnew2017

  1. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    Tried laying down and opening my op hip all the way to the side. I can get my leg down much farther than I have been able to in a long time! YAY! I thought there would be more stiffness in the groin area, but I guess not having OA anymore makes a big difference. So happy. :)
  2. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    Think it's time to get back on the morphine. Having more stinging nerve pain with just taking percoset and toradol. PT gets easier every time.
  3. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    @Jaycey I had my right hip replaced on March 2nd, 2017. Sure, it can be moved and the title changed to New Hip Replaced. Thanks.
  4. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    Thanks @Horseshoe
  5. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    Been spending a lot of time in bed resting and sleeping except for PT and getting water. Have a little tingling sometimes down the side of my thigh. Was finally able to do number 2! Only because I took some coconut oil. The colace wasn't helping much, but my sister said when she was on morphine...
  6. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    @leejaa I ended up using my hand-held shower head with a shower bench and covered my bandages with a garbage bag. Thought about the kitchen sink but didn't want to bend over for that long. Feels good to have clean hair again!
  7. annnew2017

    THR Day 5 PO

    Thanks @Jaycey !
  8. annnew2017

    THR Day 5 PO

    Realized I should put my post-op posts in one place so I can keep track better. well, my surgery went fine. was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days. waking up from anesthesia was not an experience I want to repeat. I had general, spinal and a block and apparently my body didn't like this at all. I...
  9. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    Day 5 post-op. Doing pretty good. Was at a pain level of 0 most of the time. Did home PT yesterday - now pain is about a 2. Still get some fear about everything going right as the healing process continues but I think things are progressing. Going to attempt to wash my hair today - tried the...
  10. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    well, my surgery went fine. was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days. waking up from anesthesia was not an experience I want to repeat. I had general, spinal and a block and apparently my body didn't like this at all. I woke up sick and very tense. I don't know what that is called, but I was tense and...
  11. annnew2017

    THR New Hip Replaced!

    Thanks @confused newb ! I'm back at home as of yesterday and recovering. will post more later.
  12. annnew2017

    Signature Error Message

    Cool, thanks!
  13. annnew2017

    Signature Error Message

    Oh. Ok. Here is my info: Hip dysplasia, impingement, OA Right hip arthroscopy 2014 RTHR 2nd March 2017 Thanks!
  14. annnew2017

    Signature Error Message

    When I try to add my signature it tells me "You do not have permission to use this field." I am doing this on my laptop.
  15. annnew2017

    One more weekend to go

    @Imstewa62 I know how you feel! Waiting for mine (again) on March 2nd. The waiting is the worst.
Back
Top Bottom