Recent content by AngiesHips

  1. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @Jaycey That is so comforting to hear :loveshwr: I have no interest in those activities either lol. I wish my doctor would say the same to me, he had me feeling depressed and hopeless but you guys have me feeling inspired! As for the quote function, I think it was automatic, I wasn’t aware it...
  2. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @Whoknew Such an inspiration to hear that you’re doing all those supposed “no-nos” with ease. My biggest fear was losing my freedom. I found out today that I had an “Antero-Lateral” procedure, which I suppose is an in between of the Posterior and Anterior. Happy for your new life and to hear you...
  3. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @Jaycey I found out today that I had an “Antero-Lateral” procedure, which I suppose is an in between of the Posterior and Anterior. Had I fully understood, I would have gone with a surgeon that does the actual Anterior method, but no use in crying over spilled milk now. Plus you seem to be...
  4. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @Eman85 Thank you for your honestly lol I know it was a long read. True, I believe my surgeon is probably just over cautious. But I do see these doctors online bragging about giving their patients little to no restrictions. I wish I went with one of those guys, at least for more peace of mind...
  5. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @Layla Thank you for all the helpful information! I found out today that I had an “Antero-Lateral” procedure, which I suppose is an in between of the Posterior and Anterior. Had I fully understood, I would have gone with a surgeon that does the actual Anterior method, but no use in crying over...
  6. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @Mojo333 Thank you dear, you were spot on! I found out today that I had an “Antero-Lateral” procedure, which I suppose is an in between of the Posterior and Anterior. Had I fully understood, I would have gone with a surgeon that does the actual Anterior method, but no use in crying over spilled...
  7. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @SurreyGirl Thanks so much for your support and care. I’m sorry to hear that you too had a less than caring surgeon. I suppose as long as they do a good job! I found out today that I had an “Anterolateral” procedure, which I suppose is an in between of the Posterior and Anterior. Had I fully...
  8. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    @Bionic Thanks so much, I truly appreciate your advice and experience. I found out today I had the “Anterolateral” approach which seems to be an in between of the Posterior and Anterior approach. I’m glad to hear you are fully recovered and doing well now :)
  9. AngiesHips

    THR Confused and Regretful

    Hey everyone! Thank you so much for being there for me. Some of you know me from my other thread “Too much, Too soon” posted in the Decompression section. I am the 29 year old, athletic mother of a toddler who plays Gwen Stefani in a No Doubt tribute act called “New Doubt.” A little backstory...
  10. AngiesHips

    Core Decompression Too much too Soon?

    Wow you guys are all SO very awesome. I feel like you’re all my special hip angels. What I once saw as a scary place I might hear things I don’t want to hear - I now view as a source of comfort and inspiration. Those photos of the other THR patients doing amazing poses and living happy normal...
  11. AngiesHips

    Core Decompression Too much too Soon?

    Hey guys, I am back! I don’t know if you all remember my situation, I am the 29 year old mother of a 2 year old who was diagnosed with stage 2 AVN in both hips (but only ever had pain in my left) due to 9 months of Prednisone use for my kidneys. I initially came in here like a lightning bolt...
  12. AngiesHips

    Core Decompression Too much too Soon?

    @Josephine I’m not rejecting any of your advice, I am taking it all into consideration and I appreciate you taking the time to do so. But if you have seen even one successful core decompression cure AVN, why can’t I be one too? It’s worth a shot if it can save my hips. And if it can’t, I just...
  13. AngiesHips

    Core Decompression Too much too Soon?

    @Josephine Hi. Have you ever come across a successful core decompression that eliminated AVN? If not, why would my very well reknown surgeon recommend this procedure instead of hip replacement? He claimed that 90% of his patients in my position have had a full cure from AVN with core...
  14. AngiesHips

    Core Decompression Too much too Soon?

    Thanks so much @Jaycey I see him for the first time following surgery on December 4th. I am just anxious for some answers before then! I will be updating everyone on what information he gives me.
  15. AngiesHips

    Core Decompression Too much too Soon?

    Thanks @Layla! You seem to know a lot about this topic so I have a random question. I was under the impression I was getting stem cell injections in both hips (they both have AVN after all, why would they only inject one?) But what I see on my body are 2 previously stapled inscsion sites on both...
Back
Top Bottom