Recent content by Angie68

  1. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    1. My scar is towards the back so I am guessing Posterier. 2. At this very moment and most of today no pain. I feel a tad bit sore on the side of that hip. That's all. This pain isn't constant. It might hurt something awful for 3 days in a row. I mean constant. Doesnt seem to correlate with...
  2. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    I'm taking 600 msg of ibuprofen that doesn't faze it. That's all. I'm doing nothing different. I am very active within my home. Babysit my grand baby but otherwise not extremely active. I don't walk a lot or anything. Just normal house wife stuff
  3. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    Hello. I am back. I am 2 years out from my 3rd revision and I am having some problems with my left hip. It started about a month ago with a pinching burning pain in my buttock and great soreness down the side. Now I can't stand to lay on that hip for more than a few minutes at night. The most...
  4. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Josephine I went to see OS yesterday for 6 month follow up. X-rays looked good & examination went well. He said we finally have a stable joint. However, He wasn't really happy with how I am walking. (Neither am I) I have a severe walk, sway? Waddle? I don't even know what to call it. He said...
  5. Angie68

    Success of open or closed reduction

    I'm doing great at the moment. As I last updated I had to have an open reduction & basically another revision. My Ortho used a cup with lips all around it this time & found it to hold much better. I went for my 6 week post op about 2 weeks ago & everything looked great. I feel amazing with zero...
  6. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Josephine I am 13 days post op from my second revision in 8 weeks. I had my staples removed 2 days ago and I am feeling great! I have no pain, no grinding, no slipping feeling in the joint. I feel like I have very little limp at all. My limp before was very, very severe. I swayed back & forth...
  7. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Josephine Went in for my possible closed/open reduction yesterday. It ended up being a revision & I'm okay with that. Dr said that this was the best path for long term success. He saw how this happened & it was a rotation of my foot. The new cup has a lip on it & he did his best to make it...
  8. Angie68

    Success of open or closed reduction

    My OS is in Indianapolis Indiana. I am about 80 miles away. His name is David A. Fisher & he practices at OrthoIndy Orthopedic Hospital. The latest data I could find said his average amount of hip replacements from 1990 to 2010 was 141 a year & 35 revisions a year. It says he now averages 650...
  9. Angie68

    Success of open or closed reduction

    What is frustrating is this is my 3rd Ortho in 6 yrs & 2 of them (including my current OS) have been on the list Jamie has recommended for my area.
  10. Angie68

    Success of open or closed reduction

    I am hoping this doesn't get moved to my recovery thread. It just doesn't get much action anymore & I need some answers. I am 46 and was born with CHD. I just had my 2nd revision on my left hip. I have had 2 on the right. I went for my 6 week post op a couple of days ago. I have been non weight...
  11. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Josephine Honestly he may have just said he would replace the cup. I was reeling from the news & wasn't absorbing very well. I heard ball but he may have just been saying something in reference to it. My OS was totally blowing this off as no big deal. Just a minor set back. He acted as if I...
  12. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Josephine No I have no choice. Jo do you think I have any chance that if he pops it into place of it not dislocating again? It seems that I've not read or heard of much success after a dislocation. Will I ever live a normal life?
  13. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Josephine My 6 week appt was today. I didn't get good news but according to my OS it's not terrible. My X-ray shows I'm dislocated. My ball is out of place. I have always heard that is excruciating. Why am I not in pain? He suspects it might have happened in hosp while I was still numb. I...
  14. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    Sorry. I should have made myself more clear. Yes its in my hips
  15. Angie68

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Josephine Im a little over 4 weeks out and doing great! I have zero pain! None! I hurt so bad before that this is nothing. I do have some incision pain and a little zapping of the nerves here & there but no biggie. One thing I have noticed this time that is bothering me a little is...
Back
Top Bottom