Recent content by Andyinhull

  1. A

    Bilateral THR Recovering after bi-lateral THR.

    I would have thought you'd be at least 12 weeks before you could return to work if doing a manual job, and even then a phased return to work. I was back at work after 4 weeks but I do a desk job and found that a struggle at times. Listen to your body and if you don't feel fit enough chances are...
  2. A

    THR RTHR 3rd of February

    today's steps, this was totally impossible 4 weeks ago, best thing is absolutely no pain!
  3. A

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Your bone will grow into your uncemented implants and will become very stable over time, the implant is covered with a surge that attracts and encourages bone to bind to it.
  4. A

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Hi there! I have uncemented hip replacements, I have had to have both mine done, I thought I was young at 51 to have to have this procedure. Try not to worry too much about your situation, the acetabular cups are fixed in pretty tight and won't be a problem. I was walking same day as both my hip...
  5. A

    THR RTHR 3rd of February

    Off my crutches after 2 weeks! can walk around the house pretty independently, will still take one crutch out with me if I go for a short walk but last week's progress has been great..
  6. A

    THR RTHR 3rd of February

    I think I'm recovering quite well but when I go for even short walks I have terrible back ache in the lower of my back. hoping this evens off as I walk more. anybody else experienced this after bi-lateral THR and any tips on how to alleviate this problem? Thanks in advance.
  7. A

    THR RTHR 3rd of February

    just managed about 2000 steps, feels like I've ran a marathon! exhausted but a good sense of achievement none the less.
  8. A

    THR RTHR 3rd of February

    Thanks for your replies and positive vibes. I can already weight bare on it after 4 days which was Impossible pre-op. onwards and upwards.
  9. A

    THR RTHR 3rd of February

    had my right hip done a few days ago. I had my left hip done in September last year and can't remember it been as painful as this one. I'm worried that I still have groin pain. Same surgeon, same approach (posterior) everything, surgeon said all went well but why do I still have groin pain?
  10. A

    THR THR due to AVN

    I've had my left hip replaced due to AVN and waiting to get my right hip done, my advice would be to get it done before the pain gets to much. Both my joints have collapsed and the pain is unbearable, even keeps me awake at night when I'm later still. Had my left one done in September 2021 and...
  11. A

    THR Same day/Outpatient info needed

    I had same day surgery, went on at 7.am was home by 7p.m. I came home in the clothes I went in though packed as if I was staying overnight you never know what could happen, if your bloods and BP are not right that won't let you leave until they are. I know some people have trepidation about...
  12. A

    THR still sore after 6 weeks.

    Wow we really are on a par! I have a consultation with my specialist on the 25th of this month about my first operated one and then another one on the 4th of November about my right one, don't know why I can't just have one appointment with them been so close together but the NHS seem to like...
  13. A

    THR still sore after 6 weeks.

    thanks Jaycey for the reassurance! Have a meeting with my consultant on the 4th November to discuss my right hip which I hope to get done before Xmas.
  14. A

    THR still sore after 6 weeks.

    Hi, had my hip surgery 6 weeks ago, the hip itself feels great and all the groin and butt pain has gone! However the site of my incision is still itchy and sore, it looks to have healed okay apart from one small area towards the bottom of the incision, this is a bit scabby, it doesn't feel...
Back
Top Bottom