Recent content by andrea

  1. A

    TKR Still struggling 2 years on

    @Josephine thanks anyway
  2. A

    TKR Still struggling 2 years on

    @Josephine I had a total knee replacement in February 2014 and I am still having ongoing problems. I expressed my concerns numerous times to my consultant, which were swelling below the knee, burning pains in lower leg and pain after walking. He didn’t seem concerned and when I explained, that...
  3. A

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    Hi Carolyn, I can totally relate to what you are feeling. I had my right knee done on the same day as you, I too have done all my exercises, but walking is difficult. I am ok in the house but struggle outdoors, my hip hurts also now, my os has sent me back for physio, but she doesnt seem...
  4. A

    TKR Still struggling 2 years on

    I have been for physio today and I am really worried. The bend has gone form 90 to 75 and the physio said that this was quite worrying. She then proceeded to have a colleague hold me from behind whilst she tried to manipulate my knee which was agony. When measured it had just reached 90. She has...
  5. A

    TKR Still struggling 2 years on

    Thank you all for your kind words and support, it is nice to know that there are others out there in a similar position. Andrea:thankyou:
  6. A

    TKR Still struggling 2 years on

    Hi Josephine, Thank you for replying My medication is codeine mg 2 tablets three times a day and ibuprofen 400mg and paracetmol 500mg. I exercise 3 times a day which consists of heel slide for 5 mins, towel roll under ankle for 5 mins, pushing knee dwon into bed 10 times, knee roll behind knee...
  7. A

    TKR Still struggling 2 years on

    Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and hope you can help. I a 58 and had a right knee placement on 5th February. I have really struggled so far, I had difficulty mastering the lift off the bed and succeeded last week. I find now that i struggle to get the bend on my leg and my knee feels...
Back
Top Bottom