Well I’m still dealing with a loose left stem...... The sharp pains are coming more frequently and take longer to subside. I call these “flare up’s” because it’s as if the prosthesis shifts into a painful position and will be bothersome until it settles back into its proper position. This...
UPDATE!!! Almost 1 year later! So my thigh pain has continued to burden me..... I discovered I have a nickel allergy, and now an X-ray taken today shows the revision hip is in-fact loosening.....
@Josephine ive attached my latest
X-ray and would appreciate your input! Has anyone had a gold...
Both my first hip and now this hip are fully coated, cobalt chromium hips which also contain nickel. I gave the sticker sheet from both op reports showing the exact components used, so I was able to look it up.
@Mojo333 I am currently researching surgeons in Manhattan who are familiar with...
My metal sensitivity test came back positive to nickel. This may be the best news I have gotten in a very long time. All my bloodwork ruled out any autoimmune disorders like Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis (thank goodness), but my sed rate and c reactive protein are still elevated, so there is...
So, is anyone familiar with metal sensitivities or allergies? I have never been tested but, I will be getting tested this week. It may be the answer to why both prostheses never achieved complete ingrowth. It could mean that my body is having an inflammatory reaction to the prosthesis and not...
I was thinking about you today @prairienut i hope your revision went well!! Who did you use as HSS? (if you don’t mind me asking). Sending healing vibes your way.
Latest Update.... I had 2 different appointments these last few weeks. The first was with a physiatrist who did EMG/nerve testing and the second was with the ortho surgeon in Philadelphia.
The EMG/nerve testing was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had—and I’ve had a lot of...
@Josephine I’m not sure if you are comfortable giving your opinion, but I would love some reassurance that waiting until the end of the month to address this is okay. I'll be mindful of my activity level and wrap it for support when needed.
Before they opened you back up, did they do a hip aspiration? Or When they went in to put the spacer in, did they do cultures and all that? And if so, did they grow anything? I am so sorry you are enduring the whole process of ridding your joint of infection, and even more so if you actually...
So I’ve been MIA from this site because I just couldn’t come to terms with what I’ve been dealing with. But I kept thinking about all the supportive people who have made great suggestions, offered encouragement, and spent their time reading my rants that I owe at least them an update.
The AML...
@Marvy thank you for commiserating with me. It has definitely been challenging! Yes, I’ve tried both Gabapentin and Lyrica. The gaba didn’t do anything and the lyrics may have helped a little, but it is way to expensive and I have great insurance! There isn’t a generic so the manufacturer...
I am pretty sure that was part of a battery of blood work I had done 3-4months ago. I remember my doctor taking about other possible sources of inflammation. But I am not curious if I actually did and will be looking back in my binder of records!
Hi! Thanks for checking in! Unfortunately, I am still not better. It has been tough on me these last few months. Trying to stay positive, but it is challenging at times. I am having a new set of X-rays done Monday to check the status of the stress fracture. If I went by feel alone, I would...
The Alpha Defensin test came back negative! So the chances of there being an infection are slim (however I could be the 3% that the test gives a false positive to). Lol. At this point nothing would surprise me!
I know this negative result is really good news. However, I can’t help but feel a...
Once we rule out infection as the problem with my hip, we will continue to monitor my Sed Rate and CRP levels and research other reasons they may be elevated.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.