Recent content by amd012264

  1. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Hi @sharonslp! Thanks so much. I feel much better now. I also asked my therapist for his opinion on how long his hippies take to feel less tension and tightness in the hip and have more flexibility. He said anywhere from 3 to 6 months...so this also makes me feels better. My problem is that...
  2. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Evening all! I'm in week 8 of recovery and getting a little frustrated. Although I know pt right after surgery is a very controversial subject. My surgeon insisted on it so I decided to go ahead and do it but only once a day as opposed to 2 to 3 times a day as prescribed by the therapist...
  3. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    @Jaycey...had the wife check the incision carefully and it is fully healed. Ive been putting organic coconut oil on it since yesterday afternoon. Feels nice and smooth and not feeling that pulling feeling when sitting so it's working. :-)
  4. A

    THR Well, I made it....but it was a rough ride

    Oh @Johnster you are not alone with your situation. My surgery was on December 7th. My surgery also went well. I was brought to my room and the woman who was in there was actually on her way out, so I thought I was good. FYI...this was my biggest concern...even over the surgery itself. I...
  5. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Hello everyone! Out here in NJ just watching the snow come down. As it turns out I'm scheduled to return to work on Monday but who knows what's going to happen with this snow. I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. I noticed while sitting today that my incision feels really...
  6. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Oh I totally understand @CatLady1! This chronic pain started in 2008 and I can't even tell you how many different doctors and specialists I've seen who have given me different results and diagnoses. It's unbelievable. While I do have arthritis and bulging discs, that is totally normal for...
  7. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Hi @CatLady1! Georgia's definitely not south enough for us and the Keys are way too expensive. However, humidity doesn't help arthritis either, so our only other option other then moving out west is the Gulf coast of Florida. The icing only helps the butt pain while I'm icing...and I...
  8. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Well..today is another day. Sorry I haven't posted in a while..life just got in the way. Did one session of pt and am paying the price now. Having really bad pain when sitting. My entire left leg is swollen and this arthritis is just killing me and getting in the way of my recovery because...
  9. A

    Right Hip, Jan 18

    @Josephine and @CatLady1 I've heard a few times that sitting in a recliner is no good for folks that get a hip replacement. I myself purchased a recliner to sit in and sleep in as my bed is too soft for me to sleep in right now. What are your feelings about recliners? I hear they're no good...
  10. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Had my first outpatient pt session today. I'm feeling really good about my new therapist. He is very experienced in working with patients that have had hip replacements, so that is a great relief for me. He seemed very knowledgeable and didn't make me do too much today. But he is a huge...
  11. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Hello Jo! I was told i needed to stop all herbal and vitamins a week before the surgery. I already started the turmeric pills. Within two days my trigger finger was all fixed. That stuff is a miracle herb!! The only problem is that i have the knees of an 80 year old (words said to me by my...
  12. A

    Right Hip, Jan 18

    Hey @Lunawulf!! It's Kitty...or amd012264 as it shows on this site. I told you this site was awesome! It has definitely been a lifesaver for me! Everyone has been kind enough to answer all the questions I have asked and very quickly I might add. I'm glad you joined!
  13. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Good evening everyone! Had a good day today. Ran a couple of errands and did some laundry. Even managed a session of pt. Only did one since I did a lot today. As usual I have a few questions to ask the experts here on Bonesmart. @Josephine and @Jaycey , I was wondering if one of you could...
  14. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Oh yes @Hip Hip Hooray! That is definitely my main concern. I'm still waiting for my disability checks. I can't believe how long it takes now to get them. I've been on disability once when I had my gallbladder removed in 2004 and I got my first check within a few weeks. You would think with...
  15. A

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    Hey there @zachs mema! This exercise...is it a standing side leg lift...and then holding for 20 seconds? I do side leg lifts now..part of my pt session. I don't hold it..just bring it back down. And yes...the pain before the surgery was horrible. Towards the end there I could barely walk...
Back
Top Bottom