Recent content by allegra

  1. A

    Anyone had THR with *very* young children?

    No lifetime lifting restrictions. I did have a 15 lb lifting restriction for 6 weeks, but I honestly wasn't able to follow that 1oo% of the time. If someone was around, I let them lift my 2 year old and 7 month old, but if not, I felt well enough to lift them myself after a week or 2. I just...
  2. A

    Anyone had THR with *very* young children?

    Hi! I know I am a little late but just wanted to chime in here. I had my left THR this past Nov 2014. At the time, my youngest was 7 months old and was still breastfeeding(actually still is at 15 months). I also have 6 other kids under 13(13, 11, 9, 6, 4, and 2!!). My husband took one full...
  3. A

    What are the things you tried before you decided to do the THR?

    I spent lots and lots of money on supplements, chiropractic care, massage, and physical therapy. I limited simple sugars in my diet and stopped drinking diet soda. I was told at 35 I would need a new hip. After almost 3 years of these changes with no improvement, I am now 4 weeks postop. I...
  4. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    I am very happy that we got thru the worst part. I usually breastfeed for at least a year, and he won't be one until late march. I had initially planned on doing my surgery in may/June for various reasons but finishing nursing him was a big one. Since we had reached our max out of pocket for...
  5. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    I just wanted to update on my recovery. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow. I am really happy with my recovery so far. I am walking without any aids and really don't think I have a limp, but I still have to concentrate on my gait. I noticed on Sunday that I can now stand with my feet...
  6. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    Day 12 - My husband went back to work today. That leaves me at home with our 8 month old, 2 year old, and 4 year old. Our middle school was off today so my 13 year old son is also home. He is supposed to be taking care of us, but i know that wont go as my husband wants it to. I know I will...
  7. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    I have a question I was hoping someone could provide some insight on? This is day 7 for me since my THR. I am getting around ok - basically with one crutch. Still feeling a little lightheaded at time which I am guessing is normal until my hemoglobin levels come back up. But sometimes I feel...
  8. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    Day 6 - I think I am past the horrid constipation. I had one more "episode" yesterday after I ate lunch where I nearly passed out the cramping was sooo bad. But once it was out I have felt so much better!!! However, I have not had a BM since then so I hope that does not become a problem...
  9. A

    Spinal block or GA? only 5 sleeps....eeeekkk

    I had anterior approach left THR on Nov 12. My OS used spinal with sedation. I have never had surgery before so I was nervous about being awake. However, I remember sitting up for the spinal then don't remember anything after that until I woke up in recovery from the best sleep of my life...
  10. A

    Calling for young adults/patients who have done or going to do THR

    I am 37 and just had a left THR November 12. I have 7 kids under 13 including a 7 month who is still breastfeeding. I had been a long distance runner for 15 years: completed 2 marathons and averaged about 30 miles per week. I ran through most of all my pregnancies. When I was pregnant with...
  11. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    I gave myself the suppository and went like what was about the size and shape of a golf ball. But stomach is still crampy and I'm sure there is a lot in there yet. Do I just wait it out or is this ER worthy? I definitely need to get my pain meds changed. I would think Tylenol would be adequate...
  12. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    I also just threw up but I have been tolerating my pain meds really well so far. I wonder if the food just had nowhere else to go?
  13. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    Thanks josephine. Ok my belly is really starting to cramp up now. I am not having luck with having a BM. My husband got a laxative suppository instead of an enema. Would that be ok or should I send him back to get an enema?
  14. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    Thank you. I am taking aspirin for blood clots instead of lovenox. I have also been taking 1 oxycodone/acetaminaphin every 4 hours. They gave me tramadol too but I haven't really needed it yet. One of my concerns right now is constipation. I have not had a bowel movement since wed presurgery...
  15. A

    THR My hopefully quick, painless recovery!!!!

    Day 4 - Well my 2 hour drive home was easy-no problems at all. I can get around quite well with walker and even feel like I could walk without it (I won't). No pain at all yet. I was wondering if it is normal to be lightheaded yet though? I lost a good amount of blood during surgery - my...
Back
Top Bottom