Recent content by alimck

  1. alimck

    TKR Clips removed today - so much more pain now!

    Hey had the RTKR done end of May and almost 9 years since my LTKR and think I must have forgotten the journey or this one seems harder! Loads less bruising than last time which the surgeon said would be the case due to it being robotic assisted and a lot less soft tissue damage. It's been up...
  2. alimck

    TKR Fall Eight Weeks After Op

    Thanks all so got up to the hospital couldn't bring myself to ask for an ambulance too much guilt at falling etc and taking them away from an emergency, yep I know but hey got there anyway. Dr without X-Ray says its soft tissue and not prosthetic damage, really swollen and sore think I have put...
  3. alimck

    TKR Fall Eight Weeks After Op

    New Title please - Fall eight weeks after op So i slipped today on a step went right down, my operated leg twisted out to the left totally bent back at about 100 degrees and i went flat out hitting my head off the step. I am now in agony,its really swollen and cannot stand up with weight on...
  4. alimck

    TKR Fall Eight Weeks After Op

    Thanks for your advice I didn't in fact return to work, spent the time worki ng on my exercises, relaxing, icing and all the rest have managed to get to 110 bend but can now fully straighten. I am 7 weeks tomorrow and have my consultants review so may return next week or the week after, have...
  5. alimck

    TKR Fall Eight Weeks After Op

    So I am now just 3.5 weeks post LTKR and some ways feels like it was months ago and I know I am quite hard on myself to do more but have been good at reigning in after trying to cut down on meds and then do laundry, dishes, dinner etc all on monday and being so exhausted I could have cried so...
  6. alimck

    Packing for Hospital and Rehab Question ?

    I wore the gown on day 1 then pjs I did try a nightie but preferred pjs as I could drag my leg around by the trousers when I needed to. Chapstick and magazines as you will be so sleepy with meds a book will be too much to concentrate on but magazines can be flicked through without too much...
  7. alimck

    From Brisbane Australia - TKR

    Hi there try not to panic I can say it's totally different to child birth which is constant and "short" lived...this is a nagging ongoing ache but swings up and down so a bit like you have just now except there is a benefit and an end to it when you and your new knee will be able to live again...
  8. alimck

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    i was bone on bone on one side a not quite on the other, I cant say if the final op made it better or worse but psychologically getting something done does encourage you to keep trying. So get the surgery, do the exercises and enjoy some pain free time. Last month on my X-ray I was very badly...
  9. alimck

    Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

    hi there yes I had three if these the last one 18 months ago in a final attempt to ward off tkr due to my age, as you know I had my tkr on Tuesday age 44. It helped a while and I was only off work a week or so, i had pain after it but was able to return to work desk half days and home work half...
  10. alimck

    TKR Fall Eight Weeks After Op

    thanks all tbh one reason I cant wait to go home is that I can go at my pace, my Physio pushing my leg to bend a bit more is agony so I will totally be able to do it more at my pace and will absolutely rest, elevate and ice. they dont elevate at all in the hospital I get totally "encouraged" to...
  11. alimck

    TKR Week 5

    My nurse last night put my pillows in armchair position and it totally made me feel really supported and secure and I managed a full4 hours solid sleep, more meds followed by a further three hours. Up till then I managed about 30 min snatches of sleep on and off all day, it maybe worth a try...
  12. alimck

    TKR Fall Eight Weeks After Op

    So had LTKR on Tuesday and have to say the pain for Tues and Wed was worse than I had imagined, so just kept up with the pain meds as advised and managed to keep doing the exercises. Progressed to sticks on Wed pm and managed a shower and stairs today am so delighted. I know I still have a...
  13. alimck

    Surgeon Refusing to Treat

    I had a very similar situation when I got told almost two years ago I needed the surgery but he wouldnt do it until my "ability to walk and to work was so severely impacted I couldn't function" as I was only 42. At the time I went to pieces, have struggled for 20 months to put up with it. It...
  14. alimck

    Glad I found this. LTKR in less than 2 weeks and terrified

    many thanks for your comments, and especially for the helpful links. I am in at 7am so am assuming an early op, so glad I found this am feeling better...well when I am not worrying, but at least I am feeling better sometimes :) thanks again Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom