Recent content by alex_mom

  1. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    I wasn't clear about the challenge in getting my records. I know we have a legal right to our medical records, but the surgeon's patient portal links to an outsourced website to request them. That website's form was not easy to navigate, thus my frustration. I had called the OS office and...
  2. A

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    My questions for any medical visit (usually the dermatologist) are on the NOTES app on my phone. A doctor better not grab it out of my hands.
  3. A

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Jockette - Even after seven months of this L-TKR journey, I understand your frustration. How you have made it this many years is unfathomable. I truly hope you can get answers and help! Write all the questions down (as if you don't already know that) and stick to the script. I'm...
  4. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    I saw my PCP (primary care physician) this morning and he referred me to their system's orthopedic clinic. I have already heard from that clinic and have an appointment in three weeks with a doctor he mentioned, at one of their satellite clinics that is reasonably easy to drive to. I hope...
  5. A

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Wishing you better luck with your fourth second opinion, Jockette, along with answers and solutions. I've been plowing through this whole topic, reading about your frustrations thru the years. Ugh.
  6. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    Thank you, Layla. Yes, it is seven months on this date and things are getting worse; IOW *not* a normal recovery. The cortisone shot to the rear end did nothing except keep me awake that first night, all night, and gave absolutely no relief from pain and inflammation. Taping is hit...
  7. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    Thank you for that link, Jockette. This might help explain why going down stairs has been more painful? IDK Taping supplies were ordered from amazon, arrived, and this morning I've taped it all up. Icing 3 to 4 times a day hasn't really helped, but I will continue. I may need to get back...
  8. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    The latest in the saga journey of Left TKR recovery: Nine days ago, I began an easy pace walk on flat street to see how my new knee is doing with all the renewed PT. Several minutes into the walk it suddenly started screaming at me, out of the blue, with no discernible trigger, and...
  9. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    Hi Layla and all. The recovery continues. The past six months are not what I expected. Especially after two THR recoveries that went smoothly with the same surgeon. My three PT visits, this time, were with the PT rehab clinic affiliated with and in the same building with my surgeon's...
  10. A

    Revision TKR A New Day

    Sounds like you had a very nice time. Well done. It took me a while to learn to walk with the poles, and I still have to pay attention that they don't get tangled up around my ankles and cause a fall in the street. (Eeek!) For me, learning to walk with them is a bit like walking and...
  11. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    And I needed to see this today. I've had a few strong zingers this past week.
  12. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    Yes. I was not sure if we are allowed to name the business. ;-)
  13. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    I honestly don't know. I would like to have it done in early November, before winter's cold weather arrives, but using up my Medicare allotment for PT for 2026 and needing the current new knee to be reliable before TKR on the other knee are the two major factors.
  14. A

    TKR First of two knees done

    Update - I had a session with the ortho-bionomy LMT on Monday She was very nice and I will go back for another session in hopes it will help. I am not sure that really made much improvement for my situation, so the second session will likely be the final for me and this new knee and I can...
  15. A

    Revision TKR A New Day

    I bought a pair of not-very-expensive trekking poles that had good reviews, and used both while walking outdoors on our street. I had read online that using both helps even the gait, where using one or a single cane could still lead us to 'favor' the operated leg. I found that to be true...
Back
Top Bottom