4 days post op bilateral total knee replacement
A whole lot better than I expected, until I got to rehab and they did not have anything I needed for recovery. I hadn’t been in much pain at all I was doing great. I was transfered to rehab who wouldn’t let me use a walker until next day and...
Good luck tomorrow! It's also my date for BTKR.
I am looking forward to new quality of life that will accompany the replacement.
I have psoriatic arthritis which I am told has a lot of similarities is symptoms as RA.
I will be thinking of you and cheering you on.
I just got the call from the hospital I have to be there at 5 am for my bilateral knee replacement surgery. Tomorrow at this time I will be bionic and probably already had my first PT.
Yay! I am embracing my new life that is going to allow me to “actively” enjoy life.
I am visualizing all...
My date is October 18th coming up.
This is exactly why I chose BTKR too.
The closer I get the higher my anxiety is getting. I won’t back out but I am getting more and more anxious to where it hasn’t happened yet but having a hard time relaxing enough to sleep.
At least it will be one and done.
I have done this, it is not encouraging.
Thank you for teaching me about the search though I had looked for one previously but not seen it. I know I know it's obvious I am not sure how I missed it. smh. Thank you for sending me to look for it again.
Anyone having/had TKR or BTKR with Charcot Marie Tooth Disease (CMT)?
I have CMTX 1A and yes it has been DNA verified.
I have always had bad balance as long as I can remember.
I do have quite a bit of foot neuropathy because of it and as it is a inherited progressive disease it is only gong to...
Anyone having/had TKR or BTKR with Psoriatic Arthritis?
I am looking to hear your experiences.
Is there anything I should be aware of going in?
Any protocol I need to follow afterwards that is different from the norm?
Anything I need to know that I may not be asking?
Thank you in advance
Hi there Trailgirl,
I understand your concern.
I have worked in the dental field for about 30 years, now.
It is true most orthopedic surgeons and dentists recommend that you pre-medicate with a antibiotic prior to dental treatment.
The protocol has drastically changed over and over again through...
I am very grateful for your bluntness. I truly appreciate your very candid information. What you are sharing about what to expect is what I keep reading and seeing on videos I watch, it is what I take away from all of the information I find. But having someone who has been through this...
This is what I have been concerned about as well. Thank you. It is affirming hearing you say what seems to be what I have learned through research. It's not that I don't hope to be an easy recovery but I would rather plan for it being harder and hope and work for an easy outcome if possible...
No they have not had it but they are both nurse's actually if you include my son-in-law as one of my kids 4 of my 5 kids are nurses (the youngest being 11 and not there yet) they work in hospital and feel that they know what they are talking about. But it is not what they work with although...
I should say I am sure that they would help more after this. This is what is like on a normal day and time.
That said they seem to think that this will not be that hard a recovery. "You had a c-section, they cut into your major organs and through deep muscle. This surgery will be superficial...
I did discuss this with my surgeon a year ago as originally I was supposed to have surgery 9/2021 but they stopped doing surgery due to COVID rise and hospitals not accepting elective surgeries. Surgeon said not a problem watching my granddaughter at two weeks post op. I have not discussed it...
Well it is at night but then her parents sleep all day until it's time to get up and do it again. Her mama is a full time night nurse while also getting her Nurse Practitioner degree and doing her practicals during the day so I have my granddaughter a lot. My 11 year old daughter can help me...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.