Recent content by Akgrl123

  1. A

    THR AKGRL123 recovery thread

    I am icing but defiantly not as much as I did earlier on. Need to get back on my 3-4 times a day. How long should I expect the muscle tightness and nerve pain to last? I am not doing aggressive PT but I am going 3 days/wk plus at home exercises... maybe too much?
  2. A

    THR AKGRL123 recovery thread

    Hi everyone I am approaching my 6 week mark (this Thursday) and have to admit I’m pretty frustrated with the recovery process. Although I was off the crutch/cane by week 3 and walking fairly normally (with thought and intention), I am still in quite a bit of pain. The pain is not deep bone pain...
  3. A

    THR AKGRL123 recovery thread

    Thank you leejaa. I hope your recovery is going well aside from the site reaction as well. I am well into a lazy Sunday with elevation and ice!
  4. A

    THR AKGRL123 recovery thread

    I think I was already added but... surgery was 11/14, right hip, SuperPath approach. thank you!
  5. A

    THR AKGRL123 recovery thread

    I don’t, but I have had site reactions in the past to prep/adhesive. This is definitely more severe (large welts/hives that merge into one large welt that is my thigh). Benedryl helps with the itchiness but welts are not disappearing. it definitely appears to be more site specific rather than...
  6. A

    THR AKGRL123 recovery thread

    Hi all! I just had my RTHR (SuperPath) with Dr. Chow on Thursday at a surgery center and discharged by early afternoon that day. My husband and I are staying nearby until my follow up appointment and when I’m cleared to fly home (Alaska). I was nervous about quick discharge but everything has...
  7. A

    2019 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Hi! I am new here- having a RTHR on 11/14 with Dr Chow. 47yr old active mom with bilateral hip dysplasia, torn labrum, multiple cysts. Ready to be pain free and back to my adventurous life!
Back
Top Bottom